Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Andersen Bay Window- REPAIR ?

The double pane Andersen window has leaked out gas through a crack at
the corner on the outside surface.

Can this be repaired at my residence? Whom must I call ?

TNX.

Vince
on Long Island, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

Vince wrote:

The double pane Andersen window has leaked out gas through a crack at
the corner on the outside surface.

Can this be repaired at my residence? Whom must I call ?

TNX.

Vince
on Long Island, NY

Nope. Have to order a new replacement part from Andersen. The "gas"
didn't "leak out" - the vacuum that was previously between the two panes
of glass has been broken somehow.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 7, 6:01 pm, Vince wrote:
The double pane Andersen window has leaked out gas through a crack at
the corner on the outside surface.

Can this be repaired at my residence? Whom must I call ?

TNX.

Vince
on Long Island, NY

Who did Andersen Customer Service say to call about the problem? If
you haven't already, maybe you should call them now.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 23:01:01 GMT, Vince
wrote:

The double pane Andersen window has leaked out gas through a crack at
the corner on the outside surface.

Contact Andersen first. Get details. All dual pane windows are not
equal. (**tool - Merlin Lazer)

Can this be repaired at my residence? Whom must I call ?

A local glazing/glass SHOP can do any replacement for you.

**
Glass Measurement Gauge
A remarkably simple but effective precision measurement instrument it
allows accurate measurement of glass and air-gap thickness in single,
double and triple glazed units and is able to identify laminate
interlayers all at the touch of a button.

TNX.

Vince
on Long Island, NY

Good Luck!

--
Oren

"I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Vince wrote:
The double pane Andersen window has leaked out gas through a crack at
the corner on the outside surface.

Can this be repaired at my residence? Whom must I call ?

TNX.

Vince
on Long Island, NY

How old is the installation? It may be under warranty. Check that out
first. Next you can contact most any glass service and the pane that has
failed and leaked can be replaced, usually for less and quicker than you may
have guessed. You might be able to do it yourself, but it does take a
little knowledge and larger panes can be very heavy.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit