DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   installing electricly controlled master valve on landscape sprinkler system (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/202567-installing-electricly-controlled-master-valve-landscape-sprinkler-system.html)

FrankOOOOO June 2nd 07 02:00 PM

installing electricly controlled master valve on landscape sprinkler system

I'm going to install a master valve that is electrically controlled
( 24 Volts) inside the basement where the sprinkler control box and
the water feed to the sprinklers are located.
My question is about the type of valve to use.
I have a Honeywell V8043 E 1012 that is a 2 position zone valve.
It cost me about $70.
When I look for info on the web, I see that there are solenoid valves
that could control the water flow but they cost $125.
It would be a brass body with 3/4" copper sweat fitting controlled by
24v ac.
Would the less expensive zone valve do same job as the more expensive
solenoid valve?

J.A. Michel June 2nd 07 03:07 PM

installing electricly controlled master valve on landscape sprinkler system

snip

Would the less expensive zone valve do same job as the more expensive
solenoid valve?

Yes.

Chris Lewis June 3rd 07 04:32 AM

installing electricly controlled master valve on landscape sprinkler system

According to FrankOOOOO :
I'm going to install a master valve that is electrically controlled
( 24 Volts) inside the basement where the sprinkler control box and
the water feed to the sprinklers are located.
My question is about the type of valve to use.
I have a Honeywell V8043 E 1012 that is a 2 position zone valve.
It cost me about $70.
When I look for info on the web, I see that there are solenoid valves
that could control the water flow but they cost $125.
It would be a brass body with 3/4" copper sweat fitting controlled by
24v ac.
Would the less expensive zone valve do same job as the more expensive
solenoid valve?

Yes. You can get them even cheaper than that. The Orbits at
HD are around $20.
--
Chris Lewis,