Posted to alt.home.repair

Default installing electricly controlled master valve on landscape sprinkler system

I'm going to install a master valve that is electrically controlled
( 24 Volts) inside the basement where the sprinkler control box and
the water feed to the sprinklers are located.
My question is about the type of valve to use.
I have a Honeywell V8043 E 1012 that is a 2 position zone valve.
It cost me about $70.
When I look for info on the web, I see that there are solenoid valves
that could control the water flow but they cost $125.
It would be a brass body with 3/4" copper sweat fitting controlled by
24v ac.
Would the less expensive zone valve do same job as the more expensive
solenoid valve?

Posted to alt.home.repair

snip

Would the less expensive zone valve do same job as the more expensive
solenoid valve?

Yes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

According to FrankOOOOO :
I'm going to install a master valve that is electrically controlled
( 24 Volts) inside the basement where the sprinkler control box and
the water feed to the sprinklers are located.
My question is about the type of valve to use.
I have a Honeywell V8043 E 1012 that is a 2 position zone valve.
It cost me about $70.
When I look for info on the web, I see that there are solenoid valves
that could control the water flow but they cost $125.
It would be a brass body with 3/4" copper sweat fitting controlled by
24v ac.
Would the less expensive zone valve do same job as the more expensive
solenoid valve?

Yes. You can get them even cheaper than that. The Orbits at
HD are around $20.
--
Chris Lewis,