DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Which tile grout for tiled basement floor? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/202285-tile-grout-tiled-basement-floor.html)

[email protected] May 30th 07 08:25 PM

Which tile grout for tiled basement floor?

My brother and I installed 20X20 porcelain tile in my mother's
basement. We tiled over the cement basement floor and now have to put
in the grout and seal the grout. I liked the large tile size but
getting adjacent tiles lying flat was a struggle.

My mother's home is in central Minnesota near one of our 10,000 lakes
and the basement gets humid in the summer. We have a dehumidifier
running to help remove the humidity. We need a grout that can handle
this situation.

I have read a few posts recommending epoxy grouts. Would they be a
good choice for our situation? Which grouts have a good reputation and
do I need to go to a floor supplier to acquire a better product?

I am also looking for a grout sealer that would be best for the
conditions I have stated above.

Your opinions and recommendations are welcome.

TIA, Terry

Oren May 30th 07 09:19 PM

On 30 May 2007 12:25:04 -0700, wrote:

My brother and I installed 20X20 porcelain tile in my mother's
basement. We tiled over the cement basement floor and now have to put
in the grout and seal the grout. I liked the large tile size but
getting adjacent tiles lying flat was a struggle.

I have some 16X20, but not in a basement. Single story home and I love
the tile.

My mother's home is in central Minnesota near one of our 10,000 lakes
and the basement gets humid in the summer. We have a dehumidifier
running to help remove the humidity. We need a grout that can handle
this situation.

I have read a few posts recommending epoxy grouts. Would they be a
good choice for our situation? Which grouts have a good reputation and
do I need to go to a floor supplier to acquire a better product?

I am also looking for a grout sealer that would be best for the
conditions I have stated above.

I will pass this on; since I have used the product. It touts a 15 year
seal for grout, but some folks have been sent to a hospital. IIRC some
died. (STAND 'N SEAL).

Not something to have MOM or others waking around. I have to look, but
propane is an ingredient. MSDS?

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..