Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Which tile grout for tiled basement floor?

My brother and I installed 20X20 porcelain tile in my mother's
basement. We tiled over the cement basement floor and now have to put
in the grout and seal the grout. I liked the large tile size but
getting adjacent tiles lying flat was a struggle.

My mother's home is in central Minnesota near one of our 10,000 lakes
and the basement gets humid in the summer. We have a dehumidifier
running to help remove the humidity. We need a grout that can handle
this situation.

I have read a few posts recommending epoxy grouts. Would they be a
good choice for our situation? Which grouts have a good reputation and
do I need to go to a floor supplier to acquire a better product?

I am also looking for a grout sealer that would be best for the
conditions I have stated above.

Your opinions and recommendations are welcome.

TIA, Terry