DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   French Drains and Mold? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/202281-french-drains-mold.html)

[email protected] May 30th 07 07:21 PM

French Drains and Mold?

People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

[email protected] May 30th 07 08:24 PM

French Drains and Mold?

On May 30, 2:21�pm, wrote:
People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. *Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

likely too cold, besides properly done it should be a sealed system.

mold prefers warm and moist

[email protected] May 30th 07 08:27 PM

French Drains and Mold?

On May 30, 12:21 pm, wrote:
People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

What diffrence does it make if mold grows in the french drain? A
french drain is outside the basement. The mold you are trying to avoid
is the mold inside the house caused by a wet basement.

[email protected] May 31st 07 05:04 PM

French Drains and Mold?

On May 30, 3:27 pm, "
wrote:
On May 30, 12:21 pm, wrote:

People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

What diffrence does it make if mold grows in the french drain? A
french drain is outside the basement. The mold you are trying to avoid
is the mold inside the house caused by a wet basement.

Sorry, I was referring to an interior, perimeter french drain.

Chris June 5th 07 12:17 PM

French Drains and Mold?

On 30 Mai, 20:21, wrote:
People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

Hello, I saw the other answers and here are my questions: What does a
drainage on the inside or outside help with drying of the walls or
humidity level in the air? This will stay most likely the same and
condensation on the walls could cause mold, right? There are different
approaches to tackle a so called wet basement, but first of all we
have to check out what kind of and where the water/humidity is coming
from. Some hints and cures are to be found on this website: www.drytronic.com
- perhaps some examples look familiar.

[email protected] June 5th 07 02:54 PM

French Drains and Mold?

On Jun 5, 7:17?am, Chris wrote:
On 30 Mai, 20:21, wrote:

People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

Hello, I saw the other answers and here are my questions: What does a
drainage on the inside or outside help with drying of the walls or
humidity level in the air? This will stay most likely the same and
condensation on the walls could cause mold, right? There are different
approaches to tackle a so called wet basement, but first of all we
have to check out what kind of and where the water/humidity is coming
from. Some hints and cures are to be found on this website:www.drytronic.com
- perhaps some examples look familiar.

if the soil directly under your basement floor is wet the water will
wick thru the concrete and add moisture to the entire basement

Chris June 5th 07 05:16 PM

French Drains and Mold?

On 5 Jun., 15:54, " wrote:
On Jun 5, 7:17?am, Chris wrote:

On 30 Mai, 20:21, wrote:

People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet
basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french
drain?

Hello, I saw the other answers and here are my questions: What does a
drainage on the inside or outside help with drying of the walls or
humidity level in the air? This will stay most likely the same and
condensation on the walls could cause mold, right? There are different
approaches to tackle a so called wet basement, but first of all we
have to check out what kind of and where the water/humidity is coming
from. Some hints and cures are to be found on this website:www.drytronic.com
- perhaps some examples look familiar.

if the soil directly under your basement floor is wet the water will
wick thru the concrete and add moisture to the entire basement

Well, that's a good point. Then instead of opening the floor for
getting mice through the inner drainage and sump pump things, you
could also install electrodes into the floor to stop the wicking
process. It is actually the same then in the walls. The repelling
power is essential. This way you can also eliminate AC systems and
save a lot of energy as well.