DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   solid stain (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/202158-solid-stain.html)

stainer May 29th 07 11:26 AM

solid stain

I am using a solid (catalyzed) stain,
usually I spray these types of coatings on unfinished furniture, but I
need to touch up a 3/4" strip on an existing finished pc. of furniture.
My question is this:
is it possible to brush or roll this precatalyzed solid stain on or does
it have to be sprayed.
the can only came with spraying instructions.

thanx a bunch

dpb May 29th 07 02:34 PM

solid stain

On May 29, 5:26 am, "stainer" wrote:
I am using a solid (catalyzed) stain,
usually I spray these types of coatings on unfinished furniture, but I
need to touch up a 3/4" strip on an existing finished pc. of furniture.
My question is this:
is it possible to brush or roll this precatalyzed solid stain on or does
it have to be sprayed.
the can only came with spraying instructions.

You can try, but I doubt the results will be very satisfactory...

I'd make a test before trying it on the real piece...

stainer June 1st 07 12:00 PM

solid stain

well, after testing with brushes and rollers and rags.
I have successfully applied the solid stain with a foam pad (brush), 2
coats and looks as if I never touched it up, the customer was grateful
(that means they paid the bill)
and has referred me to family, friends and neighbors.

so anyway "dpb"
the resutls were very satisfactory with a foam brush

oups.com...