Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flat roof on extension

Hi all,

I have a flat roof extension, about 5 meters by 3 meters ish, and it
has developed a few splits down the long edge.

Can anybody advise me on whats best to do? As far as I know at this
time, the rest of the roof is fine. We have no leaks that we know of,
so would it be best to patch it? What about Bitumen Waterproofer from
Wickes? I have no experience of roofing incase you hadnt noticed

Cheers,

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

On May 21, 7:52 am, wrote:
Hi all,

I have a flat roof extension, about 5 meters by 3 meters ish, and it
has developed a few splits down the long edge.

Can anybody advise me on whats best to do? As far as I know at this
time, the rest of the roof is fine. We have no leaks that we know of,
so would it be best to patch it? What about Bitumen Waterproofer from
Wickes? I have no experience of roofing incase you hadnt noticed

Cheers,

Jim

You might need to cut back any lifted edges along the splits, then
tar, embed some fibreglas mesh tape, then more tar. Bitumin is tar, by
the way. Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21 May, 17:44, tom wrote:
On May 21, 7:52 am, wrote:

Hi all,

I have a flat roof extension, about 5 meters by 3 meters ish, and it
has developed a few splits down the long edge.

Can anybody advise me on whats best to do? As far as I know at this
time, the rest of the roof is fine. We have no leaks that we know of,
so would it be best to patch it? What about Bitumen Waterproofer from
Wickes? I have no experience of roofing incase you hadnt noticed

Cheers,

Jim

You might need to cut back any lifted edges along the splits, then
tar, embed some fibreglas mesh tape, then more tar. Bitumin is tar, by
the way. Tom

Cheers for that Tom, I shall give it a go.