Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I need a few advisors.

Greetings!

My name is Marc Solomon and I just finished writing a 90 page ebook
on saving money at home depot and lowes. I have a new website up and
am getting ready to sell the ebook.

However, I need to know if the way I presented the information is
understandable for the average do-it-yourselfer.

I spent about four years reasearching this thing and there is a lot of
info in there. I used the methods to save $6,000 on my new kitchen
(and get my riding lawn mower for %20 off).

Anyway, I need 3-5 home improvement types to read this thing and give
me some feedback.

If you are interested just visit my website and plug your email
address into the box in the right hand column. I will email a free
copy of the book to the first 5 folks. (please don't distribute it or
give it to others, I would like to be able to sell it someday).

In order to get the book for free you have to agree to email me and
let me know how it was and if you think it could be improved.

www.depotgreen.com

Best Regards,

Marc Solomon

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

In order to get "SPAMMED TO DEATH for free" you have to agree to email me
and
let me know how it was and if you think it could be improved.

NO thanks, although I'm sure some idiot will provide their email address to
you, thinking they will get something for free.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 8:39 pm, "Pop`" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Only the first 5? Nah, no thanks; sounds like a lot of work for nothing.
Besides, I'll bet you're the one that plagiarized me; I'll be watching.

Pop`

No, I wrote this one myself. I haven't seen you book yet. Where
might I find it? (always good to know what the compeition is up to).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 6:51 pm, Phisherman wrote:
On 20 May 2007 15:13:59 -0700, wrote:

Greetings!

My name is Marc Solomon and I just finished writing a 90 page ebook
on saving money at home depot and lowes. I have a new website up and
am getting ready to sell the ebook.

snip

I can think of many ways to save money by NOT shopping at HD or Lowes.

True, but from a material cost standpoint (aside from lumber where
both try to make too many margin points) you can still use their
policies to drive costs down dramatically.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 5:49 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article . com, wrote:
Greetings!

My name is Marc Solomon and I just finished writing a 90 page ebook
on saving money at home depot and lowes. I have a new website up and
am getting ready to sell the ebook.

However, I need to know if the way I presented the information is
understandable for the average do-it-yourselfer.

I spent about four years reasearching this thing and there is a lot of
info in there. I used the methods to save $6,000 on my new kitchen
(and get my riding lawn mower for %20 off).

Anyway, I need 3-5 home improvement types to read this thing and give
me some feedback.

Sure -- how much you paying?

If you are interested just visit my website and plug your email
address into the box in the right hand column. I will email a free
copy of the book to the first 5 folks. (please don't distribute it or
give it to others, I would like to be able to sell it someday).

Ooooooh, a free book. Wow.

--
Regards,

If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from
him. - Ben Fanklin

There was a time when knowledge was given more value. I only asked
for some feedback on the book. The copy editing need not be done. As
for your sarcasm, it is understandable given all fo the scammers and
con men out there. I assure you I am neither.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 6:37 pm, jJim McLaughlin
[...]

Great scam to harvest valid E mail addys.

Be sure you put a copyright tag all over your E book ad ollow the
statut, deposoting copies with the copyright and trademark office \
library of cogress.

Well, I admit I do want to get my book out there. But I am no
spammer and not harvesting emaill addresses. This is no squeeze
page. I am just a guy tring to see if a product will have any
resonance with its intended marketplace.

Posted to alt.home.repair

General reply to all of the posts.

1) I am not a spammer.
2) I did not steal any content from "pop's" book. I didn't know there
was another one out there.
3) Yes only 5, I need a small group so I can actually use the
feedback. 100, or 1,000 would be just way to much to integrate.
4) No it isn't a scam, althoug I had a good chuckle at the commentary
communicated by the two of you hwo entered and
into the site. (no, I didn't send a copy of the
book to those addresses, I figured the names were comment enough on
the validity of the process for those individuals.
5) The book does have copyright protection.
6) I am a real person, not a bot, spider, etc.
7) After the review, I will be eliminating the email address from my
newsletter list, so you won't hear from me again.
8) I still have two spots for reviewers left.
9_Sorry to set off everyones scam radar.
10) I just thought 10 seemd like a good place to finish.

Marc Solomon

Posted to alt.home.repair

I do have sympathy for you, also being an author and small publisher,
and a small business owner. I also have been posting to Usenet since
1994 and what you're doing is perfectly fine. A lot of people have
corporate
jobs and they don't understand the value that us small business people
or self-publishers hold in things like getting feedback. Also, I had
find all the free internet publishing websites to see areas I could
advertise
without spamming. I was online (Internet online, I was online for
three years
before that) for 8 years before I realized that the "free internet
marketing"
websites might not be spammers or frauds (some of them are). I put
together a big list of the ones that aren't at my personal website
links below.

To get to some advice:

1) An author who publishes has to have a thick skin. That means, if
you
are sensitive at what people say to you, you won't be doing this long.
2) If you have something to say, consider doing something more than
an ebook.
I bought ISBN #'s and the Library of Congress gives me special numbers
for my books.
3) Marketing takes a lot of time and hard work.
4) If you have many grammatical errors people will probably have a
hard time
taking you seriously.

I'm too busy right now to go to your website but wanted to give you
some
encouragement.

--
Robert Pearson
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net

On May 20, 7:37 pm, solomonsavings wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Not that I need yet another project, I've put my e-mail
address in. But be warned, if you send it to me you'll
think the grammar police had arrived.
That comes from having done the same thing to physicians
when I would be given their galley proofs.

On May 20, 6:13 pm, wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com, solomonsavings wrote:

There was a time when knowledge was given more value.

It still is -- just not by you.

I only asked
for some feedback on the book.

IOW, you're asking for people to edit your content, but not offering to pay
them for it.

The copy editing need not be done. As
for your sarcasm, it is understandable given all fo the scammers and
con men out there. I assure you I am neither.

I never suspected you were either; it's obvious you're just a simple
cheapskate.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, I've read the book, only the first half of it so far, and I thought it
was very good. It has a lot of common sense tactics for getting what you
want when dealing with people and how to apply these tactics in these two
stores specifically. It also has a huge amount of specific info regarding
HD and Lowes pricing and marketing policies and how to use their policies to
your advantage. Unfortunately, the grammar and spelling errors are few and
far between. I love pointing out other peoples errors. That's why I agreed
to participate. So far NO spelling errors and only a very few minor
grammatical issues. I'm only half way throught the book, though. Hope
springs eternal.

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 21 May 2007 10:33:19 -0500, "Morgan" wrote:

Well, I've read the book, only the first half of it so far, and I thought it
was very good. It has a lot of common sense tactics for getting what you
want when dealing with people and how to apply these tactics in these two
stores specifically. It also has a huge amount of specific info regarding
HD and Lowes pricing and marketing policies and how to use their policies to
your advantage. Unfortunately, the grammar and spelling errors are few and
far between. I love pointing out other peoples errors.

Then you will appreciate why I'm pointing out the error in the
sentence befor the one right above. There's either an extra or a
missing negative somewhere. That felt good.

That's why I agreed
to participate. So far NO spelling errors and only a very few minor
grammatical issues. I'm only half way throught the book, though. Hope
springs eternal.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 20 May 2007 20:40:42 -0700, "
wrote:

1) An author who publishes has to have a thick skin. That means, if
you
are sensitive at what people say to you, you won't be doing this long.
2) If you have something to say, consider doing something more than
an ebook.
I bought ISBN #'s

Curious. How much do they cost? And why buy more than one at a time?
A discount?

and the Library of Congress gives me special numbers
for my books.

In addition to the ISBNs? How do you rate that?

I have one book in me, and only one, and I fear it will never get
written.

3) Marketing takes a lot of time and hard work.
4) If you have many grammatical errors people will probably have a
hard time taking you seriously.

Grammar and spelling are definitely important. Get someone else to
read your stuff, OP. It's very hard to find one's own errors.

I'm too busy right now to go to your website but wanted to give you
some
encouragement.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with his request either, and
would have participated if I were better at home repair, and had the
energy right now to give good responses.

--
Robert Pearson

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 May 2007 10:33:19 -0500, "Morgan" wrote:

Well, I've read the book, only the first half of it so far, and I thought
it
was very good. It has a lot of common sense tactics for getting what you
want when dealing with people and how to apply these tactics in these two
stores specifically. It also has a huge amount of specific info regarding
HD and Lowes pricing and marketing policies and how to use their policies
your advantage. Unfortunately, the grammar and spelling errors are few and
far between. I love pointing out other peoples errors.

Then you will appreciate why I'm pointing out the error in the
sentence befor the one right above. There's either an extra or a
missing negative somewhere. That felt good.

Well, I will say that when I showed this to my wife, who is the watchdog for
all grammatical errors, she pointed out that there should have been an
apostrophe after the word "peoples." She taught me the joy of pointing out
other peoples errors. It does feel good.

That's why I agreed
to participate. So far NO spelling errors and only a very few minor
grammatical issues. I'm only half way throught the book, though. Hope
springs eternal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Morgan wrote:

Well, I will say that when I showed this to my wife, who is the
watchdog for all grammatical errors, she pointed out that there
should have been an apostrophe after the word "peoples." She taught
me the joy of pointing out other peoples errors. It does feel good.

Its' the symmetry of the cosmos. For every "missing" apostrophe, the
universe simultaneously creates an extra one somewhere.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On May 21, 6:38 pm, mm wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2007 10:33:19 -0500, "Morgan" wrote:
Well, I've read the book, only the first half of it so far, and I thought it
was very good. It has a lot of common sense tactics for getting what you
want when dealing with people and how to apply these tactics in these two
stores specifically. It also has a huge amount of specific info regarding
HD and Lowes pricing and marketing policies and how to use their policies to
your advantage. Unfortunately, the grammar and spelling errors are few and
far between. I love pointing out other peoples errors.

Then you will appreciate why I'm pointing out the error in the
sentence befor the one right above. There's either an extra or a
missing negative somewhere. That felt good.

I disagree -- I think it says exactly what he intended. OTOH, there's
a missing apostrophe for the possessive in the last sentence. It also
needs the adjective form "commonsense" to avoid two successive nouns.
I quit parsing at that point...

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 21 May 2007 18:55:52 -0700, dpb wrote:

On May 21, 6:38 pm, mm wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2007 10:33:19 -0500, "Morgan" wrote:
Well, I've read the book, only the first half of it so far, and I thought it
was very good. It has a lot of common sense tactics for getting what you
want when dealing with people and how to apply these tactics in these two
stores specifically. It also has a huge amount of specific info regarding
HD and Lowes pricing and marketing policies and how to use their policies to
your advantage. Unfortunately, the grammar and spelling errors are few and
far between. I love pointing out other peoples errors.

Then you will appreciate why I'm pointing out the error in the
sentence befor the one right above. There's either an extra or a
missing negative somewhere. That felt good.

I disagree -- I think it says exactly what he intended. OTOH, there's
a missing apostrophe for the possessive in the last sentence. It also

You might be right. But he replied to me and didn't say. ??

needs the adjective form "commonsense" to avoid two successive nouns.
I quit parsing at that point...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, dpb is correct. It does say what I intended.
Being confused by mm's reply, I just decided to let it go. I don't want to
make anyone feel bad.
My wife did miss the "commonsense" error, though. She is sick about this.
She is the grammar and
apostrophy watchdog around here. She spotted the missing apostrophy a mile
away. I must be a
big disappointment to her now.

On May 21, 6:38 pm, mm wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On May 22, 8:00 am, "Morgan" wrote:
My wife did miss the "commonsense" error, though. She is sick about this.

Tell her we'll overlook it this time -- but don't let it happen
again!

-- dpb

OBTW, I'm not noticing and therefore not commenting on the erroneous
"y" in "apostrophe"... vbg

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Morgan wrote:
My wife did miss the "commonsense" error, though. She is sick about this.

Tell her she is excused: this time, but we don't want it happen
again.

-- dpb

PS. I'm closing my eyes to and therefore not mentioning the "y" in
apostrophe! vbg

Posted to alt.home.repair

Good, because I think they are changing the spelling of apostrophe to
apostrophy soon.

Actually, I think it should be apostrophe' !

"dpb" wrote in message
oups.com...

Morgan wrote:
My wife did miss the "commonsense" error, though. She is sick about this.

Tell her she is excused: this time, but we don't want it happen
again.

-- dpb

PS. I'm closing my eyes to and therefore not mentioning the "y" in
apostrophe! vbg

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On May 22, 3:46 pm, "Morgan" wrote:
Good, because I think they are changing the spelling of apostrophe to
apostrophy soon.

Actually, I think it should be apostrophe' !

:)