DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Does anyone know what are the best rated vacuums? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/200782-re-does-anyone-know-what-best-rated-vacuums.html)

trainfan1 May 16th 07 01:18 AM

Does anyone know what are the best rated vacuums?

wrote:
I can't seem to find Consumer Reports February 2007 issue at the library.
They rated the best vacuums. Does anyone know the top 5 or so?

The Eureka 4870 Smart Vac Boss has been a CR Best Buy for the last
couple of tests. One of the Kenmores was rated a little better, and can
often be found at attractive pricing.

Years ago I bought the step-up model of the Best Buy Sharp upright. It
pretty much performs as tested - a little weak on edges as tested, but
it was well worth the $150 price and is still going strong.

CR criticized the Sharp for lack of tools/attachments, but the extras
from our previous, now junked machines work perfectly with it.

The PU-2 bags are hard to find, but are a very cheap buy on eBay(30-40
at a time).

Rob

Dan May 16th 07 10:54 PM

Does anyone know what are the best rated vacuums?

"trainfan1" wrote in message
et...
wrote:
I can't seem to find Consumer Reports February 2007 issue at the library.
They rated the best vacuums. Does anyone know the top 5 or so?

The Eureka 4870 Smart Vac Boss has been a CR Best Buy for the last couple
of tests. One of the Kenmores was rated a little better, and can often be
found at attractive pricing.

I have one of those, bought it on Amazon about a year ago at a good price.
Works great & surprisingly quiet.

Dan

Bill May 17th 07 12:07 AM

Does anyone know what are the best rated vacuums?

On Tue, 15 May 2007 20:18:31 -0400, trainfan1
wrote:

CR criticized the Sharp for lack of tools/attachments, but the extras
from our previous, now junked machines work perfectly with it.

The PU-2 bags are hard to find, but are a very cheap buy on eBay(30-40
at a time).

Thanks for the tip! We have a Sharp vacuum as well, and have had
trouble finding the bags. Never thought to look at eBay...

David Combs June 14th 07 03:51 AM

Does anyone know what are the best rated vacuums?

In article ,
Dan wrote:

"trainfan1" wrote in message
news:VsadnVFd3tIH0NfbnZ2dnUVZ_rqhnZ2d@usadatanet. net...
wrote:
I can't seem to find Consumer Reports February 2007 issue at the library.
They rated the best vacuums. Does anyone know the top 5 or so?

The Eureka 4870 Smart Vac Boss has been a CR Best Buy for the last couple
of tests. One of the Kenmores was rated a little better, and can often be
found at attractive pricing.

I have one of those, bought it on Amazon about a year ago at a good price.
Works great & surprisingly quiet.

Dan

Me too. Really good, and inexpensive too.

Is a bit heavy, though.

David