Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shorten AC power cord???????

On 16 May 2007 03:15:19 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

Smitty Two wrote in newsrestwhich-
:

In article ,
"Colbyt" wrote:

Any idiot
of average metal ability

That's the main trouble with the world, right there.

Does he mean "mental" ability?
(if they were "average",then they should not be "idiots".)

In some ways, the average here is pretty bad.

Or metalworking ability?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
How about a couple of zip ties?

--
Steve Barker

After taking the plug end apart and finding circuit board with soldered
connections, I came to like conclusion.

It is amazing and simple. If I wrap the cord around the unit once and
secure it with neoprene straps the dangle is very minimal.

For those of you that think I am a complete idiot for wasting time on this I
need to point out that the window is over the kitchen sink

Therefore a droopy cord might pose a severe hazard. Maybe I should have
mentioned that in the first post.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve Barker" wrote in
:

So you blocked a perfectly good view while at the sink. And now
you've got an A/C unit blowing in yer face whilst working at the sink?

It just gets better and better.....

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
So you blocked a perfectly good view while at the sink. And now you've
got an A/C unit blowing in yer face whilst working at the sink?

--
Steve Barker

Actually I did just the opposite.

I replaced a failed doublepane window unit that had an AC blocking the view
with a fixed AC unit OVER a new slider window which allows the for a view
and a partial breeze on the good days.

Colbyt