Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default 50s Bathroom

I friend of mine is getting ready to demo an old farmhouse in upstate
NY, about an hour south of Buffalo. It is within a days drive of NYC,
Philly, Cleveland, Toronto, etc.

In the house is a vintage bathroom. He thinks it's from 1959 and
that's probably about right. It look's pre-60s to me but not as old
as the 40s stuff. It includes a sink with a concave front, tub,
medicine cabinet, 2 side lights, at least 1 towel bar and a toilet.
All are in good shape but the tup needs a good cleaning (but not
noticeable chips in the pocelien.

I told him he's insane for not wanting it put this in the new house he
wants to build, but he grew up with it and therefore doesn't like it.
I think it would be stellar with a black-and-white floor and a tile
bathroom like the good-old-days.

So, before he knocks down the house the sends it to the landfill, I
was wondering if anyone wanted to make him an offer on it. You could
remove it yourself or he could get it ready if the price was right.
If anyone is seriously interested, let me know and I'll go take some
pictures and measurements.

You can email me by removing the *s from
*pat*ric**k(at)morri*sassoc**iate*s.US**

Yes I know people should be trying to sell things here, but think of
this as saving (recycling) materials before they go to the big
dumpster in the sky

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pat" wrote in message
oups.com...
So, before he knocks down the house the sends it to the landfill, I
was wondering if anyone wanted to make him an offer on it. You could
remove it yourself or he could get it ready if the price was right.
If anyone is seriously interested, let me know and I'll go take some
pictures and measurements.

Craigs list or even Ebay local is a better venue. You may find a sucker
errr customer there.

Nutone 3080 copper range hood...its from the 50s! [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 23rd 18 01:44 AM
new bathroom davemo Home Repair 2 April 23rd 07 11:27 PM
Classic electricity books from the 50s 1st ed. by van valkenburgh, nooger & neville basic electricity Home Repair 4 October 9th 06 01:22 AM
the bathroom J.R.RILEY Home Repair 1 April 24th 06 01:26 PM
Those 8 ft. heating/cooling registers from the '50s Bob(but not that Bob) Home Repair 2 April 25th 05 03:57 PM