Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Setting Fence Posts

I can't speak for concrete depths, that's one job I have always
managed to stay away from! But I would double check that frost line.
Here in NH, the frost line is 42", some places are 48". Your town
building inspector will know, and they are very happy to give out such
information. He may also know about the depths for concrete fence
posts. Never hurts to ask what the locals want.

On May 10, 6:37 am, Bluto @ . wrote:
Hello All...

I am going to be setting some 2 3/8" x 8' corner chain link fence
posts. I would like advice on:

1) How deep should I dig the hole, and put concrete in, to insure
the posts do not raise up during winter/ground-freezing? I think
the frost line here in Michigan is 24".

2) What diameter should the hole be?

3) To what depth of the hole should be filled with concrete? That is
should it not be above the frost line? In other words if I dig
a 3 foot hole and the frost line is 24" should I only put concrete
in the first 1 foot of the hole?

Any information appreciated!!

Fence posts Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 9 April 3rd 07 09:14 PM
Setting fence posts into waterlogged ground Tim Downie UK diy 23 February 25th 07 12:00 AM
Concrete Fence Posts John UK diy 17 December 18th 06 04:52 PM
Quikrete Mix for setting fence posts??? Doug Steckel Home Repair 15 May 20th 06 10:16 AM
Concrete Fence Posts - setting out Rick Hughes UK diy 4 July 11th 03 08:45 PM