Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default cleaning suspended ceilings

Has anyone had any luck cleaning suspended ceilings. I can't find
much info on what the best way to do it.

Some will need painting and that's okay, I can move them to one room
and keep them all together. But I'm trying to find the cheapest way
to rehab them in bulk due to the fact that I have over 2000 s.f. of
times that need to be done.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pat" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone had any luck cleaning suspended ceilings. I can't find
much info on what the best way to do it.

Some will need painting and that's okay, I can move them to one room
and keep them all together. But I'm trying to find the cheapest way
to rehab them in bulk due to the fact that I have over 2000 s.f. of
times that need to be done.

Replace them or paint them. Any liquid cleaner is pretty much going to make
a mess.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pat" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone had any luck cleaning suspended ceilings. I can't find
much info on what the best way to do it.

Some will need painting and that's okay, I can move them to one room
and keep them all together. But I'm trying to find the cheapest way
to rehab them in bulk due to the fact that I have over 2000 s.f. of
times that need to be done.

Unless you paint them all, they will never match. I'd cost out the paint and
the labor to paint (unless your time is free) versus just buying a bulk pack
of new tiles. (about a buck a square foot at borg, cheaper at a wholesale
place, I'm sure.) Unless they have the plastic skin, they are basically
unwashable, being made of compressed dust and all.....

Now, the grids themselves are washable with typical cleaners and rags, and
paintable if degreased, but be aware that not all the joints will be solid,
and some of the bars will float around and need fussing when you put the
tiles back.

aem sends....

Mike Berger/Suspended Ceilings Don Dando Woodworking 1 July 22nd 06 08:12 PM
Suspended Ceilings [email protected] Home Repair 8 May 14th 06 01:51 AM
Suspended Ceilings Andy MCR UK diy 3 February 24th 06 01:15 PM
suspended ceiling or ceil barry martin Home Repair 3 December 23rd 04 04:48 PM
Suspended ceiling and LV spotlights Ady UK diy 0 September 29th 03 10:15 AM