Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hardwood floor repair

Hello,

Does anyone know an non-obtrusive way to repair a small puncture hole in a
hardwood floor. I'm not sure what made the hole, but I believe it's one of
the kids toys.

I don't know that many details about the hardwood floor, other than it's
real wood (maybe pine?), has a light, nature colour and has a clear waxy
coating.

Would woodfiller work; perhaps tinted beige? My concern about woodfiller is
that it may dissolve when the floor is washed.

I have googled this topic but I found sites mainly talking about removing
floor boards, matching the stain, etc. This seems a little overkill for my
situation.

Any advice, tips or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
Chris
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris" wrote in message
newsJIWh.27086$GV5.13057@edtnps89...

I don't know that many details about the hardwood floor, other than it's
real wood (maybe pine?), has a light, nature colour and has a clear waxy
coating.

Would woodfiller work; perhaps tinted beige? My concern about woodfiller
is
that it may dissolve when the floor is washed.

Oak is one of the most popular woods for floors. Pine has not been used much
since Colonial days. Wood filler will work and no, it will not dissolve.
Put some sealer on top of it. Polyurethane would work well, for a very
small spot, even clear nail polish.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris" wrote in message
[...]

Stickly an amatuer but I figured since I got advice I'd make a suggestion.
I'm sure others will give better advice.

http://www.vandykes.com/product/02001699/

I've used wood fillers that will dry much harder than wood and this one says
you can mix it with stain. I've never used this particular product but there
are plenty of epoxy type wood fillers on the market.

If this is off track *sorry*

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris" wrote in message
[...]

Is it a whole or a dent ? If it is a dent wood filler is your best bet,
matching the stain will most likely be the hard part. You might try to find
some small tubes of tint ( about the size of artist acrylics) With a little
trial and error you should come with a decent match, Now if it is a dent,
not to big a damp rag and a Iron might swell it up. The idea is water will
swell wood the Iron will add heat to increase the swelling. A lot of your
repair depends on the size of whole or dent your talking about.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Chris wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know an non-obtrusive way to repair a small puncture hole in a
hardwood floor. I'm not sure what made the hole, but I believe it's one of
the kids toys.

I don't know that many details about the hardwood floor, other than it's
real wood (maybe pine?), has a light, nature colour and has a clear waxy
coating.

Would woodfiller work; perhaps tinted beige? My concern about woodfiller
is that it may dissolve when the floor is washed.

I have googled this topic but I found sites mainly talking about removing
floor boards, matching the stain, etc. This seems a little overkill for my
situation.

Any advice, tips or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you all for your advice and tips. The hole is smaller than a dime
(CDN), however, it's more like a puncture than a dent.

I think I will get some wood filler and try it on a spot in the corner,
somewhere not easily seen.

Again, thank you.

--
Chris

Removing hardwood floor Sacramento Dave Home Repair 5 March 19th 07 11:54 PM
Repair needed on a newly refinished hardwood floor Lynn Home Ownership 4 November 24th 06 10:18 PM
hardwood floor ? Fire&Ice Home Repair 8 February 2nd 05 04:04 PM
Hardwood Floor Care TR Home Ownership 0 January 3rd 05 12:12 AM
Hardwood Floor - High Spot in Floor Steve Johnson Home Repair 2 March 27th 04 10:58 PM