Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.astronomy,alt.home.repair,alt.security.alarms,alt.usenet.kooks

Default quick installation question...

Frank Olson Thou approved
wanton. Thou second-hand, stinking overwheening rag. Ye groaned:

Andy C wrote:

ok thanks,
if we leave the mains in its own trunking... is there still a
problem with running all the other cables together (telephone, cat5,
alarm sensors) the mains wiring was installed by a builder who i now
suspect is no
more a qualified electrician than i am - he just told us to run
everything in the same trunking and ran it in oversize trunking for
that reason... but seemed odd hence i thought i should check
thanks,
andy

Keep low voltage cable at least 12" away from high voltage cable. All
of your AC is 220, so I'd increase that distance further.

*blink*
*blink*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

If the AC
is in steel conduit (not PVC), and properly grounded,

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! LMFARO!

you shouldn't
have a problem strapping your low voltage cable to it. If you need
to cross over to the other side of and exposed high voltageBITCHSLAP

11kV is high voltage, you ****brained dickcheese.

run, do
so at as close to a 90 degree angle as you can get.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! PMSL@you

As for
telephone, I've seen some installations that utilize the
brown/white-brown pair of the CAT5 for the phone with no problems
although I personally wouldn't do it.
It is definitely against code to run high voltage and low voltage in
the same conduitBICTHSLAP

The attributes of the insulation around the conductors is the primary reason
for isolation requirements, not the voltage being carried, you snot****ed
moron. Heat generated by current travelling through the higher voltage cable
is the secondary reason, and induction due to voltage spikes runs a pathetic
third, you pathetic turd.

, but once again, I've seen it done with emergency
lighting. How the inspectors justify passing this I haven't a clue. The
only thing I can surmise is that they don't know one of the 12
gauge pairs is "AC" and the other 12VDC and the elecrician (who's out
to get his installation approved so he can invoice the job) fails to
mention it.

Un-****ing-believable.

--
alt.usenet.kooks
Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1 [129]

Official Member:
Cabal Obsidian Order COOSN-124-07-06660
Usenet Ruiner Lits
Top Assholes on the Net Lits
Most hated usenetizens of all time Lits

"Now I know what it is. Now I know what it means when an
alt.usenet.kook x-post shows up."
AOK in

Jij embryonale langharige potter.

Quick Question PanHandler Home Repair 3 December 28th 06 05:53 AM
A quick plumbing question Mark L. Home Repair 3 May 28th 06 11:50 PM
Quick 'tanking' question David W.E. Roberts UK diy 1 August 26th 05 08:29 PM
Quick ceiling question.... Steve Gontarek UK diy 0 April 30th 04 09:54 AM
A quick question. Ian UK diy 12 February 29th 04 10:34 AM