Posted to alt.home.repair

Default repairing leaky windows

We had a contractor in to look at our wooden casement windows (and
some other things) a few months ago as we were considering replacing
them due to some minor water leakage. He told us that all we had to do
was replace a few inexpensive parts, do some caulking, and they would
last us a great deal longer. I want to do some research on what needs
to be done so I can decide if it's something we can do ourselves but I
can't remember what the parts were called, aside from the
weatherstripping. It had nothing to do with the crank... What could
possibly be replaced by a novice on these windows that would help
prevent leakage? Please help!