Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pendant fixture ?

I just bought this fixture and ran into a snag installing it. It was
made in China and purchased in Lowes. Manual limited and no support
available, unless I want to call the china office.Here is the
problem...I installed the mounting strip which has a threaded nipple.
The manual does not actually show the 2 wires coming through this
nipple to meet up with the 2 wires of the fixture. If its not meant to
be installed that way, why the hollow nipple? In between I have to
attached those wires with wingnuts and then with a canopy in place,
I'm suppose to screw collar loop to hold the canopy to the ceiling.
Now in order to do that, that collar loop has to be threaded to that
nipple...how is it possible to do so, with wires coming out of that
nipple, or am I to assume that that nipple is only for holding up the
canopy and the wires should just be attached and ly on the inner
surface of that canopy? I could send a picture if someone requests it
of the manual and of a picture took. I don't know if one can include
pictures in this forum...its been awhile since I've been here. Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just bring the wires around the bracket and attach with wire nuts. The
threaded tube is only to support the canopy. Many moons ago, there
were gas pipes and fixtures, hence the threaded nipple.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 10 Apr 2007 17:43:10 -0700, "Noel" wrote:

I just bought this fixture and ran into a snag installing it. It was
made in China and purchased in Lowes. Manual limited and no support
available, unless I want to call the china office.Here is the
problem...I installed the mounting strip which has a threaded nipple.
The manual does not actually show the 2 wires coming through this
nipple to meet up with the 2 wires of the fixture. If its not meant to
be installed that way, why the hollow nipple? In between I have to

Xiang foi meh soon.

attached those wires with wingnuts and then with a canopy in place,
I'm suppose to screw collar loop to hold the canopy to the ceiling.
Now in order to do that, that collar loop has to be threaded to that
nipple...how is it possible to do so, with wires coming out of that
nipple, or am I to assume that that nipple is only for holding up the
canopy and the wires should just be attached and ly on the inner
surface of that canopy?

Wot gou meh nah foon.

I could send a picture if someone requests it
of the manual and of a picture took. I don't know if one can include
pictures in this forum...its been awhile since I've been here. Thanks

Nigh xi picturesan.