DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   looking for vinyl "v-strip" weatherstrip (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/197357-looking-vinyl-v-strip-weatherstrip.html)

John Keith April 8th 07 03:01 AM

looking for vinyl "v-strip" weatherstrip

I am looking for some vinyl "v-strip" weatherstripping material. I've
found some at ACE hardware but it is not preformed to the v-shape I
was hoping for (it comes flat and you have to fold it.) This is to fit
in the frame of a metal window to cut down on the air leaks. If some
one could point me to some other sources for some vinyl that is
extruded in the v-shape I'm looking for I'd greatly appreicate it. Or,
feel free to make some other suggestions on material to use. For what
it's worth I don't think I have enough space for the "fuzzy"
weatherstrip.

John Keith

DanG April 8th 07 05:02 AM

looking for vinyl "v-strip" weatherstrip

The old spring flashing is still made:
http://www.randysurleymfg.com/stripping.htm

Have you asked at ACE or another complete hardware store,
especially an old one?

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .