Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Proposal for a museum

I think we need to have a web museum for all the funky electrical fixtures
that have been developed and sold over the last century or so. My own house
could fill volumes with its collection of back stab style outlets, switches,
and fixtures. The last one that I removed, a back stab single pole light
switch needed to be completely disassembled before the wires could be
removed and the act of disassembling it would render it broken - better hope
you get the first install right because you'll need to buy a second one
otherwise. Dissasembly was done with a pair of needlenose pliers - no
screwdriver required.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 10:55:20 -0700, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

I think we need to have a web museum for all the funky electrical fixtures
that have been developed and sold over the last century or so. My own house
could fill volumes with its collection of back stab style outlets, switches,
and fixtures. The last one that I removed, a back stab single pole light
switch needed to be completely disassembled before the wires could be
removed and the act of disassembling it would render it broken - better hope
you get the first install right because you'll need to buy a second one
otherwise. Dissasembly was done with a pair of needlenose pliers - no
screwdriver required.

Why just electrical?

Ever tried to salvage door casing; when some guy shot, twenty nails
more than needed?

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I think we need to have a web museum for all the funky electrical fixtures
that have been developed and sold over the last century or so. My own house
could fill volumes with its collection of back stab style outlets, switches,
and fixtures. The last one that I removed, a back stab single pole light
switch needed to be completely disassembled before the wires could be
removed and the act of disassembling it would render it broken - better hope
you get the first install right because you'll need to buy a second one
otherwise. Dissasembly was done with a pair of needlenose pliers - no
screwdriver required.

I have had some of those switches (backstab only, one time use), but
seem to have thrown all those out.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Never underestimate the power of stupid
people in large groups"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Don't talk too loudly. I get good money tracing wiring malfunctions to
cheap back stabs.

Dave Scudamore
Aroundtoit Handyman

A Modest Proposal Tom Watson Woodworking 12 March 7th 07 11:23 AM
A modest proposal Leuf Woodworking 21 November 15th 06 11:45 AM
Proposal for you! [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 19th 06 04:02 PM
New newsgroup proposal Bob Home Repair 28 February 3rd 06 12:46 AM