Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Swimming Pool Cartridge Filter

How can I tell if I can get away with cleaning my cartridge filter or
if I need to purchase a new one? I have a 28,000 gal in-ground pool
with a Jandy 460 115 sq ft filter. I have never had a problem with
clean clear water but don't want to have one in the middle of the
season. I'm getting ready to open the pool and can't decide if I
should purchase a new filter or just clean the old one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 29, 8:17 am, wrote:
How can I tell if I can get away with cleaning my cartridge filter or
if I need to purchase a new one? I have a 28,000 gal in-ground pool
with a Jandy 460 115 sq ft filter. I have never had a problem with
clean clear water but don't want to have one in the middle of the
season. I'm getting ready to open the pool and can't decide if I
should purchase a new filter or just clean the old one.

Best to check with the manufacturer for that information.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

You will see the pressure gauge on the tank increase, and the outlet flow
decrease. Try cleaning it with a pressure washer, but like gfretwell said,
eventually the pores get to clogged and it will need replacement. You may as
well purchase the new one, so you'll have it when you need it

wrote in message
oups.com...
How can I tell if I can get away with cleaning my cartridge filter or
if I need to purchase a new one? I have a 28,000 gal in-ground pool
with a Jandy 460 115 sq ft filter. I have never had a problem with
clean clear water but don't want to have one in the middle of the
season. I'm getting ready to open the pool and can't decide if I
should purchase a new filter or just clean the old one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
How can I tell if I can get away with cleaning my cartridge filter or
if I need to purchase a new one? I have a 28,000 gal in-ground pool
with a Jandy 460 115 sq ft filter. I have never had a problem with
clean clear water but don't want to have one in the middle of the
season. I'm getting ready to open the pool and can't decide if I
should purchase a new filter or just clean the old one.

On average, they last about five years and should be cleaned with a garden
hose every month or so.