Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower Head Flow Restrictors - Size Data ?

Looking at the old problem with de-limiting the water flow in a modern
shower head. The new one I bought, a Delta Supreme, has a standard five
foot hose with an anti-siphon valve at the top end and a plastic insert at
the handheld end. The hose appears to be 5/16" ID, the anti-siphon end has
a set of eight 5/64" holes, and the plastic insert is 1/4" ID. By my
calculations, the hose has an area of 0.077 in2, the anti-siphon piece has a
total open area of 0.038 in2, and the 1/4 inch fitting has an open area of
0.049 in2.

At a water pressure of about 70 psig, should I assume that the 1/4 inch
restriction (or the even smaller multi-hole restriction) will limit the
water flow to below 2.5 gpm, or should I be looking for something else even
smaller (more restrictive)? Just thought I'd ask before I started drilling.

- Magnusfarce

Hansgrohe Shower Head: Removing flow restrictor Thomas G. Marshall Home Ownership 4 November 12th 19 08:54 AM
Flow restrictors Darren UK diy 7 June 15th 06 09:58 AM
Hansgrohe Shower Head: Removing flow restrictor Thomas G. Marshall Home Repair 3 June 11th 06 06:07 AM
recommendation on low flow shower head Jeff Home Repair 3 December 19th 05 07:13 PM
Shower Head Flow Rate Dick Home Repair 29 February 11th 05 01:24 AM