Posted to alt.home.repair
Bg Bg is offline

Default 3-Way w/Pilot

Is there a 3-way switch that has a light showing that the light (outside and
can't be seen form the switch) is on. I have an outside garage light with 2
switches, one in the garage and one in the front hallway. From the hallway
you can't see if the light is on or not. Either switch can be in the up or
down position based on here it was turned on or off. (hence 3-way switch)
Looking for some means to identify if the light actually on.
Thanks BG

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Here is a link to a Levitan product Terry provided a few days ago. I'm not
sure how this switch will work at all three way locations, and we haven't
been able to get any diagram from the manufacturer:
http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/model_5638-2.htm

"Bg" wrote in message
Is there a 3-way switch that has a light showing that the light (outside
and can't be seen form the switch) is on. I have an outside garage light
with 2 switches, one in the garage and one in the front hallway. From the
hallway you can't see if the light is on or not. Either switch can be in
the up or down position based on here it was turned on or off. (hence
3-way switch) Looking for some means to identify if the light actually on.
Thanks BG

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bg" wrote in message

Is there a 3-way switch that has a light showing that the light (outside
and can't be seen form the switch) is on. I have an outside garage light
with 2 switches, one in the garage and one in the front hallway. From the
hallway you can't see if the light is on or not. Either switch can be in
the up or down position based on here it was turned on or off. (hence
3-way switch) Looking for some means to identify if the light actually on.
Thanks BG- Hide quoted text -

While we're on the subject, is there a single pole switch that fits a
regular wall plate, etc, where the switch is lighted when the light
is ON? Looking at the various home centers, they only had ones that
were lit when the switch is OFF. That apparently is to avoid having
to have a neutral connection, which I would have no problem supplying.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bg Bg is offline

Never saw the first response.
Thanks for your great contribution to the string.
Bg

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
news
wrote:
On Mar 24, 8:29 am, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:

Here is a link to a Levitan product Terry provided a few days ago. I'm
not
sure how this switch will work at all three way locations, and we haven't
been able to get any diagram from the
manufacturer:
http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/model_5638-2.htm

"Bg" wrote in message

. ..

[...]

Here 'tis:
http://tinyurl.com/2bz8ch

Just find a place like a REAL electrial supply house that has them...

But, why di that "Bg" guy ask the same question here again?

Either he's suffering from memory loss or he isn't smart enough to
understand and follow the advice he got in response to his original
post....some of which cwould get him the results he was looking for.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 24, 8:19 am, "Bg" wrote:
Is there a 3-way switch that has a light showing that the light (outside and
can't be seen form the switch) is on. I have an outside garage light with 2
switches, one in the garage and one in the front hallway. From the hallway
you can't see if the light is on or not. Either switch can be in the up or
down position based on here it was turned on or off. (hence 3-way switch)
Looking for some means to identify if the light actually on.
Thanks BG

Pass and Seymour/LeGrand catalog 400 p. A2, has toggle switches
lighted when 'Off' and lighted when 'On' in single pole and three-way,
clear and red colored indicators, 15 and 20 amp. This should satisfy
everybody. Available at some box stores, most probable best source a
local distributor. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bg Bg is offline