DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Squeaky floors with no access (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/195443-squeaky-floors-no-access.html)

[email protected] March 18th 07 04:41 PM

Squeaky floors with no access

I've seen many posts on how to fix squeaky floors, but think I have a
problem that hasn't been covered yet. I have a squeak that is under
linolium. In the basement, not only is the ceiling finished with
drywall, but the squeak is directly above the duct work! And it isn't
close the the edge, it is directly in the middle of the duct work. I
think my only option is to repair from the top, but how can I
accomplish this without ruining the linolium?

Thanks in advance!

Lawrence March 18th 07 04:57 PM

On Mar 18, 11:41 am, wrote:
I've seen many posts on how to fix squeaky floors, but think I have a
problem that hasn't been covered yet. I have a squeak that is under
linolium. In the basement, not only is the ceiling finished with
drywall, but the squeak is directly above the duct work! And it isn't
close the the edge, it is directly in the middle of the duct work. I
think my only option is to repair from the top, but how can I
accomplish this without ruining the linolium?

I don't see how. Maybe you are ready for new flooring anyway??

[email protected] March 18th 07 06:01 PM

On Mar 18, 11:57�am, "Lawrence" wrote:
On Mar 18, 11:41 am, wrote:

I've seen many posts on how to fix squeaky floors, but think I have a
problem that hasn't been covered yet. *I have a squeak that is under
linolium. *In the basement, not only is the ceiling finished with
drywall, but the squeak is directly above the duct work! *And it isn't
close the the edge, it is directly in the middle of the duct work. *I
think my only option is to repair from the top, but how can I
accomplish this without ruining the linolium?

I don't see how. *Maybe you are ready for new flooring anyway??

yeah remove linoleum, use lots of deck screws, then new floor

mm March 18th 07 07:40 PM

Squeaky floors with no access

On Mar 18, 11:41 am, wrote:

I've seen many posts on how to fix squeaky floors, but think I have a
problem that hasn't been covered yet. have a squeak that is under
linolium. n the basement, not only is the ceiling finished with
drywall, but the squeak is directly above the duct work!

nd it isn't
close the the edge, it is directly in the middle of the duct work.
think my only option is to repair from the top, but how can I
accomplish this without ruining the linolium?

I don't see how.

aybe you are ready for new flooring anyway??

If the current linoleum is good, how possible is it to lift up what is
there, screw, and put down the same thing? Most floors aren't glued
all over, right, just double-sided-taped at the doorways, or the
edges?

yeah remove linoleum, use lots of deck screws, then new floor

Oren March 18th 07 08:34 PM

On Mar 18, 11:41 am, wrote:

I've seen many posts on how to fix squeaky floors, but think I have a
problem that hasn't been covered yet. have a squeak that is under
linolium. n the basement, not only is the ceiling finished with
drywall, but the squeak is directly above the duct work!

nd it isn't
close the the edge, it is directly in the middle of the duct work.
think my only option is to repair from the top, but how can I
accomplish this without ruining the linolium?

I don't see how.

aybe you are ready for new flooring anyway??

yeah remove linoleum, use lots of deck screws, then new floor

There is a product for carpet (never used 'em). and headless deck
screws.

http://www.squeaknomore.com/

--
Oren

"I don't mind coming to work, but that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch!"

Just Joshin March 19th 07 03:43 AM

On 18 Mar 2007 09:41:12 -0700, wrote:

I've seen many posts on how to fix squeaky floors, but think I have a
problem that hasn't been covered yet. I have a squeak that is under
linolium. In the basement, not only is the ceiling finished with
drywall, but the squeak is directly above the duct work! And it isn't
close the the edge, it is directly in the middle of the duct work. I
think my only option is to repair from the top, but how can I
accomplish this without ruining the linolium?

Thanks in advance!

This is a pure guess, based on what you posted. I would go to the
store with sample of your flooring and get a match in color paint.
Drill pilot holes, and screw in small finish screws. The heads are
small enough to try and hide, but can bite a little to hold down the
floor. Then cover with paint, and use a linolium sealer to seal the
paint.

Now that was a pure guess, I would test first in a not vissble area.
Like under the fridge. This way if this solution as wacky as it
sounds, you can hide it. ;)

A pure guess....

tom @
www.Consolidated-Loans.info