Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Squeaky floors with no access

I've seen many posts on how to fix squeaky floors, but think I have a
problem that hasn't been covered yet. I have a squeak that is under
linolium. In the basement, not only is the ceiling finished with
drywall, but the squeak is directly above the duct work! And it isn't
close the the edge, it is directly in the middle of the duct work. I
think my only option is to repair from the top, but how can I
accomplish this without ruining the linolium?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 18, 11:41 am, wrote:
I've seen many posts on how to fix squeaky floors, but think I have a
problem that hasn't been covered yet. I have a squeak that is under
linolium. In the basement, not only is the ceiling finished with
drywall, but the squeak is directly above the duct work! And it isn't
close the the edge, it is directly in the middle of the duct work. I
think my only option is to repair from the top, but how can I
accomplish this without ruining the linolium?

I don't see how. Maybe you are ready for new flooring anyway??

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 18, 11:57�am, "Lawrence" wrote:
On Mar 18, 11:41 am, wrote:

I've seen many posts on how to fix squeaky floors, but think I have a
problem that hasn't been covered yet. *I have a squeak that is under
linolium. *In the basement, not only is the ceiling finished with
drywall, but the squeak is directly above the duct work! *And it isn't
close the the edge, it is directly in the middle of the duct work. *I
think my only option is to repair from the top, but how can I
accomplish this without ruining the linolium?

I don't see how. *Maybe you are ready for new flooring anyway??

yeah remove linoleum, use lots of deck screws, then new floor

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mar 18, 11:41 am, wrote:

I've seen many posts on how to fix squeaky floors, but think I have a
problem that hasn't been covered yet. have a squeak that is under
linolium. n the basement, not only is the ceiling finished with
drywall, but the squeak is directly above the duct work!

nd it isn't
close the the edge, it is directly in the middle of the duct work.
think my only option is to repair from the top, but how can I
accomplish this without ruining the linolium?

I don't see how.

aybe you are ready for new flooring anyway??

If the current linoleum is good, how possible is it to lift up what is
there, screw, and put down the same thing? Most floors aren't glued
all over, right, just double-sided-taped at the doorways, or the
edges?

yeah remove linoleum, use lots of deck screws, then new floor

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 18, 11:41 am, wrote:

I've seen many posts on how to fix squeaky floors, but think I have a
problem that hasn't been covered yet. have a squeak that is under
linolium. n the basement, not only is the ceiling finished with
drywall, but the squeak is directly above the duct work!

nd it isn't
close the the edge, it is directly in the middle of the duct work.
think my only option is to repair from the top, but how can I
accomplish this without ruining the linolium?

I don't see how.

aybe you are ready for new flooring anyway??

yeah remove linoleum, use lots of deck screws, then new floor

There is a product for carpet (never used 'em). and headless deck
screws.

http://www.squeaknomore.com/

--
Oren

"I don't mind coming to work, but that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch!"

Offgassing from vinyl floors vs. laminate floors Harry Muscle Home Repair 20 September 10th 16 06:09 PM
Offgassing from vinyl floors vs. laminate floors Harry Muscle Home Ownership 17 September 8th 06 05:04 AM
Squeaky floors c_shah Home Repair 4 March 15th 06 08:23 PM
Squeaky floors Jon Home Repair 3 February 10th 06 06:47 PM
Squeaky T&G subfloor Andy Francke Home Repair 7 July 12th 03 02:45 AM