Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

Default Maytag Dryer Problem

My folks have an old Maytag Dryer, model GDE309 that hums when they go
to start it. I'm thinking it's a start winding or capacitor issue
(haven't seen it yet). Is there somewhere I might purchase a
replacement motor that anyone can help with?

thanks very much,

cov
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

"cover" wrote in message
My folks have an old Maytag Dryer, model GDE309 that hums when they go
to start it. I'm thinking it's a start winding or capacitor issue
(haven't seen it yet). Is there somewhere I might purchase a
replacement motor that anyone can help with?

Any appliance dealer or www.repairclinic.com

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

cover wrote:
My folks have an old Maytag Dryer, model GDE309 that hums when they go
to start it. I'm thinking it's a start winding or capacitor issue
(haven't seen it yet). Is there somewhere I might purchase a
replacement motor that anyone can help with?

thanks very much,

cov

Hi,
Why motor? If it is cap problem, just replace the cap.
One thing to try is when it is humming, give it a push
After cheating the door interlock switch(push with a chop stick or
something), if motor takes off,
cap problem most likely.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"cover" wrote in message
My folks have an old Maytag Dryer, model GDE309 that hums when they go
to start it. I'm thinking it's a start winding or capacitor issue
(haven't seen it yet). Is there somewhere I might purchase a
replacement motor that anyone can help with?

Any appliance dealer or www.repairclinic.com

For motors and capacitors since these are kind of standard items you might
want to check Grainger for pricing also.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

cover wrote:
My folks have an old Maytag Dryer, model GDE309 that hums when they go
to start it. I'm thinking it's a start winding or capacitor issue
(haven't seen it yet). Is there somewhere I might purchase a
replacement motor that anyone can help with?

thanks very much,

cov

You might try: http://www.repairclinic.com/0001.asp

They have some troubleshooting aids to help figure out
what the problem is.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

On Mar 15, 8:19 pm, cover wrote:
My folks have an old Maytag Dryer, model GDE309 that hums when they go
to start it. I'm thinking it's a start winding or capacitor issue
(haven't seen it yet). Is there somewhere I might purchase a
replacement motor that anyone can help with?

thanks very much,

cov

Sears. They have parts for all appliances.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

"Seerialmom" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 15, 8:19 pm, cover wrote:
My folks have an old Maytag Dryer, model GDE309 that hums when they go
to start it. I'm thinking it's a start winding or capacitor issue
(haven't seen it yet). Is there somewhere I might purchase a
replacement motor that anyone can help with?

thanks very much,

cov

Sears. They have parts for all appliances.

They do? I need a coil for my Kelvinator....think they might have one?

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

cover wrote in
:

My folks have an old Maytag Dryer, model GDE309 that hums when they go
to start it. I'm thinking it's a start winding or capacitor issue
(haven't seen it yet). Is there somewhere I might purchase a
replacement motor that anyone can help with?

thanks very much,

cov

Check the yellow pages for rebuilt motors. A new motor could
cost over half the cost of a new dryer. A rebuild will be
about half that.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

cover wrote:

My folks have an old Maytag Dryer, model GDE309 that hums when they go
to start it. I'm thinking it's a start winding or capacitor issue
(haven't seen it yet). Is there somewhere I might purchase a
replacement motor that anyone can help with?

thanks very much,

cov

Don't jump the gun. "Hum" could be the drive belt around the drum
slipping when it starts up.

Rick

Maytag Dryer Repair Patrick Casher Home Repair 19 January 28th 07 01:50 PM
Maytag dryer John Smith Home Repair 2 July 14th 06 03:58 AM
Maytag dryer repair Rob Mitchell Home Repair 2 September 13th 05 06:25 AM
maytag dryer repair Dan Espen Home Repair 4 September 10th 05 02:17 AM
new Maytag dryer clogs dryer vent shedmeister Home Ownership 2 January 10th 05 09:40 PM