DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   blue circle on screen of rear projection Hitachi television (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/195136-blue-circle-screen-rear-projection-hitachi-television.html)

RAWest March 15th 07 08:41 PM

blue circle on screen of rear projection Hitachi television

Hello

My rear projection Hitachi television has a blue circle on the screen.

Can anyone tell me what is causing this?

The television is about 3 years old

I was told it would cost about $1000.00 to repair.

Help please

Charles Schuler March 15th 07 08:46 PM

blue circle on screen of rear projection Hitachi television

sci.electronics.repair

Dimitrios Paskoudniakis March 16th 07 12:11 AM

blue circle on screen of rear projection Hitachi television

http://www.tv-forums.com

Could be a bad convergence circuit. If the TV is only 3 years old, isn't it still under warranty? A convergence circuit repair should only cost a few hundred dollars, say $50 for parts and up to a couple hours' labor at say $100/hour, plus service call fee of $50 - $100. $1000 sounds suspicious. Get another estimate from another TV repair shop.