Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pump Query

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:46:45 -0700, Monroe
wrote:

I have a small (about 30 ft across), low lying area on the landscaped
portion of my property that serves to collect mel****er runoff from
about 1 - 1.5 ac. Over the past few years, at maximum melt, the depth
of this depression approached about 3 ft with the potential if not
drained to stay that way for two or three weeks.

I'm lookin for a replacement for the small submersible pump that I had
been using (a small 1/3 HP utility pump). The pump would be used to
pump water from this outdoor area, potential for small debris (leaves,
etc . . . although any reasonable screen would work there) but also
would need some sort of float system to kick in to pump to relatively
low water levels (hopefully something on the order of a couple inches
max).

Again, ideally, a pump that could serve double duty for both this area
and also when needed on a large area of concrete flooring that
periodically gets a maximum of only a few inches of water. So I'd
like something that could get down to less than 1/2 inch or so.

Anything exist with this type of spec or ability? A local supplier
directed me to a Tsurumi pump (Model LSR2.45-60 . . . . . most of the
specs there, but certainly pricey at about $700 Cdn. I'd like to have
some budget to accomodate pipe/hose needs to pump away to about 200 ft
distance.

If this isn't available, I had thought to just bite the bullet and
either get the Tsurumi with float or get a used 1 or 2 inch water pump
and pump away quickly as needed. But I do like the idea of a float
and 24 hr demand. And the ability of pumping down to relatively low
levels is an additional plus.

Appreciate any opinions. thanks

Pump Query Nick Hull Home Repair 1 March 13th 07 02:20 PM
Can a submersible pump and manual pitcher pump coexist? [email protected] Home Repair 17 February 3rd 07 10:10 PM
Worcester Bosch internal wiring query relating to an external UFH pump Cordless Crazy UK diy 1 November 21st 06 07:46 AM
FA: hydraulic pump, right angle gear drive, very heavy caster, Oil pump from large milling machine William B Noble (don't reply to this address) Metalworking 0 April 26th 06 06:29 AM
Sump pump float switch: separate from pump? Marc_G Home Repair 4 January 15th 06 09:46 PM