Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question glass walls

Hi all,

We've recently purchased a ranch with a partially finished walkout
basement. The previous owners have already framed and sheetrocked
around the water heater, oil tank, etc, and we are left with about
600-700 sf of finishable space.

The previous owners started a bathroom. All but the shower & floor
tile are complete. With the rest of the basement, we're looking to
have one big recreational room (bar, exercise, tv room) and an
office. I was wondering what a glass wall for the office would cost.
I'd be looking at about 7 feet high by 12 feet long. The main reason
I'd want to make it see-thru is that the glass wall would open up to a
sliding door, which means i could actually see daylight from the
office. I'm also self employed and work from home, so if I'm going to
spend a little extra money on renovations, I'd prefer to spend the
money where I'd be spending most of my time.

Any input is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 25, 11:09 am, wrote:
[...]

Talk to a company that installs glass shower surrounds.
Those are essentially glass walls with minimum framing.
TB