DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Woodpile sinking? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/192323-woodpile-sinking.html)

Tony Hwang February 15th 07 02:32 AM

Woodpile sinking?

Hi,
I just noticed out at my cabin, one wood pile out of four supporting 7
year old free standing gazebo is sinking. How to remedy this situation?
Jack post? or? I haven't got a clue.
TIA
Tony

February 15th 07 04:18 AM

Woodpile sinking?

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hi,
I just noticed out at my cabin, one wood pile out of four supporting 7
year old free standing gazebo is sinking. How to remedy this situation?
Jack post? or? I haven't got a clue.
TIA
Tony

Wood pile, as in stack of wood, or wood piling? Either way, jack it up
slightly past level, remove the sagging support, fill in low spot, repair or
replace sagging structure as needed. Take it all off the jacks.

aem sends...

Tony Hwang February 15th 07 05:09 AM

Woodpile sinking?

wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Hi,
I just noticed out at my cabin, one wood pile out of four supporting 7
year old free standing gazebo is sinking. How to remedy this situation?
Jack post? or? I haven't got a clue.
TIA
Tony

Wood pile, as in stack of wood, or wood piling? Either way, jack it up
slightly past level, remove the sagging support, fill in low spot, repair or
replace sagging structure as needed. Take it all off the jacks.

aem sends...

Hi,
Thank you. Now I can try when weather permits. It's -20C lately.
Tony

Muff February 15th 07 03:54 PM

Woodpile sinking?

Tony, if your wood pile is getting smaller and it is only 20 degrees maybe
your neighbor is taking some of the wood for his fire place.
Muff

Harry K February 15th 07 04:02 PM

Woodpile sinking?

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Hi,
I just noticed out at my cabin, one wood pile out of four supporting 7
year old free standing gazebo is sinking. How to remedy this situation?
Jack post? or? I haven't got a clue.
TIA
Tony- Hide quoted text -

That explains it. I started the season with almost 3 cords in the
back porch. I see today I need to replenish it. I wonder where it
went :).

Harry K

Al Bundy February 15th 07 07:24 PM

Woodpile sinking?

Tony Hwang wrote in

wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Hi,
I just noticed out at my cabin, one wood pile out of four supporting
7 year old free standing gazebo is sinking. How to remedy this
situation? Jack post? or? I haven't got a clue.
TIA
Tony

Wood pile, as in stack of wood, or wood piling? Either way, jack it
up slightly past level, remove the sagging support, fill in low spot,
repair or replace sagging structure as needed. Take it all off the
jacks.

aem sends...

Hi,
Thank you. Now I can try when weather permits. It's -20C lately.
Tony

Wait till it's minus 40. Then you won't have to worry if it's F or C.