Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default adding a humidifier to a furnace

Hi,

I am new at this. We bought a 70+ y.o. house here in Ontario. The
summers are warm and moist and the winters are cold and dry.

The A/C was added onto the furnace, bu there is no humidifier for the
winter. I opened up the ducting immediately above the furnace and the
condensor for the A/C is sitting right there. As far as I can see, if
I add a humidifier the only place to put the small duct carrying the
moist air would go in immediately in front of the condensor. Would
there be a problem with this? I am assuming as the A/C is off in the
winter, the condensor is off. And with the air blowing by when the
furnace is going that the moist air isn't going to sit around on the
condensor.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.