DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Nat gas to Propane (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/191370-nat-gas-propane.html)

Dean February 5th 07 02:27 AM

Nat gas to Propane

My Sis used 137cf of Nat gas on Her last months' bill,,I guess LP
burns a bit
hotter,,can the Nat gas amount be converted to show how many gallons
of LP
to do the same heating? TY.
Dean

Edwin Pawlowski February 5th 07 02:40 AM

Nat gas to Propane

"Dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
My Sis used 137cf of Nat gas on Her last months' bill,,I guess LP
burns a bit
hotter,,can the Nat gas amount be converted to show how many gallons
of LP
to do the same heating? TY.
Dean

Sure, just look up the heat values. You can also plug in the cost at:
http://www.warmair.net/html/fuel_cost_comparisons.htm

Eric in North TX February 5th 07 02:41 AM

Nat gas to Propane

Lp may well be hotter, but it is about $2 a gallon around here. I'd
switch to natural gas in a heartbeat if they offered service here.