Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Yet another bathroom question

Hi everybody,

I would like to pick everyone's brains about bathroom sink and vanity
that I have ordered.

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Wins..._Sink_Cabinet/
120/

I think that its very pretty, but now someone has told me that a
bathroom vanity MUST have a backsplash or it will look ridiculous. I
am not planning on tiling the walls becasue I have chosen a somewhat
dark marble and I think that it will look too closed in. What does
everyone think, do I need a backsplash, can a piece of granite be
attached to this to act as a backsplash.. Thanks for listening (or
reading

Anthony

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 30, 6:05 pm, wrote:
Hi everybody,

I would like to pick everyone's brains about bathroom sink and vanity
that I have ordered.

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Wins..._Sink_Cabinet/
120/

I think that its very pretty, but now someone has told me that a
bathroom vanity MUST have a backsplash or it will look ridiculous. I
am not planning on tiling the walls becasue I have chosen a somewhat
dark marble and I think that it will look too closed in. What does
everyone think, do I need a backsplash, can a piece of granite be
attached to this to act as a backsplash.. Thanks for listening (or
reading

Anthony

I think it looks fine the way it is.

And it may be hard to find a backsplash to compliment it.

I would hang a period looking mirror behind it and call it done.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 30, 6:05 pm, wrote:
Hi everybody,

I would like to pick everyone's brains about bathroom sink and vanity
that I have ordered.

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Wins..._Sink_Cabinet/
120/

I think that its very pretty, but now someone has told me that a
bathroom vanity MUST have a backsplash or it will look ridiculous. I
am not planning on tiling the walls becasue I have chosen a somewhat
dark marble and I think that it will look too closed in. What does
everyone think, do I need a backsplash, can a piece of granite be
attached to this to act as a backsplash.. Thanks for listening (or
reading

Anthony

The unit you chose is not intended to have a backsplash.
Use it as it was intended to be used.
TB

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jan 30, 6:05 pm, wrote:
Hi everybody,

I would like to pick everyone's brains about bathroom sink and vanity
that I have ordered.

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Wins..._Sink_Cabinet/
120/

I think that its very pretty, but now someone has told me that a
bathroom vanity MUST have a backsplash or it will look ridiculous. I
am not planning on tiling the walls becasue I have chosen a somewhat
dark marble and I think that it will look too closed in. What does
everyone think, do I need a backsplash, can a piece of granite be
attached to this to act as a backsplash.. Thanks for listening (or
reading

Anthony

I think it looks fine the way it is.

And it may be hard to find a backsplash to compliment it.

I would hang a period looking mirror behind it and call it done.

Not too close to the counter with that period mirror. Which of the large
staff of servants will clean it when it gets water spots? When, meaning
every day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Hi everybody,

I would like to pick everyone's brains about bathroom sink and vanity
that I have ordered.

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Wins..._Sink_Cabinet/
120/

I think that its very pretty, but now someone has told me that a
bathroom vanity MUST have a backsplash or it will look ridiculous. I
am not planning on tiling the walls becasue I have chosen a somewhat
dark marble and I think that it will look too closed in. What does
everyone think, do I need a backsplash, can a piece of granite be
attached to this to act as a backsplash.. Thanks for listening (or
reading

Anthony

"Someone" is unimportant and irrelevant; what do YOU think? Do YOU like it?
Tell "someone" to go do their own bathroom and stay out of yours.
Backsplash isn't always a necessity. Well, unless you have a housefull of
(@%$#@) using it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 30 Jan 2007 15:05:31 -0800, wrote:

Hi everybody,

I would like to pick everyone's brains about bathroom sink and vanity
that I have ordered.

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Wins..._Sink_Cabinet/
120/

I think that its very pretty, but now someone has told me that a
bathroom vanity MUST have a backsplash or it will look ridiculous. I
am not planning on tiling the walls becasue I have chosen a somewhat
dark marble and I think that it will look too closed in. What does
everyone think, do I need a backsplash, can a piece of granite be
attached to this to act as a backsplash.. Thanks for listening (or
reading

I have no taste, but I think maybe a glossy paint on the wall behind
will keep water splash from damaging the wall. Or semi-gloss? (I
don't know the difference). Flat will soon look bad, right?

Anthony

It's me again... with another basement bathroom question 46erjoe Home Repair 4 November 12th 06 08:52 PM
Bathroom tap question [email protected] UK diy 2 October 16th 06 12:30 PM
bathroom earthing question jon UK diy 52 March 19th 06 10:30 AM
another bathroom question The Dave© Home Repair 1 January 20th 05 11:36 PM
Bathroom Mirror Question Dorot29701 Home Repair 5 January 11th 05 11:14 PM