Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Draining Water Heater Woes

Hi all,
Typically I've seen this a number of times, had this happen again the
other day, and it's the old woes every time it seems I'll drain a water
heater!

After you drain off X amount of gallons, then try closing the Drain
Faucet, they never seal again, and continue to leak leak leak!?

Typically too, they always seem to have these Plastic Drain Faucets, in
which you have to fear applying any type of torque, and if you do, the
the Handle usually strips out too!

My question is, can these faucets be replaced? Are they easily gotten
from the Big Box Stores-hardware Stores?

Can I expect more woes by trying to replace these Faucets? Can these
usually be disassembled, and just the Rubber Gasket replaced? Or? Any
tips/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Mark

Any trick to draining water heater? C & E Home Repair 11 August 19th 06 04:40 AM
Water heater woes Mortrek Home Repair 4 July 23rd 06 07:48 PM
Draining Water heater A. Pismo Clam Home Repair 9 June 6th 06 03:26 PM
Water Heater: Slow Heating Of Water Problem. Draining/Flushing Help ? Robert11 Home Repair 9 March 22nd 05 02:28 AM
Water Heater Woes [email protected] Home Repair 4 March 22nd 05 12:17 AM