Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cheap receptacles vs heavy duty

I've used the "50 cent" ones exclusively for every position. No problems.
If one seems to get a bit loose from over use, then I just pop in a new one.
there's not many places in the house where stuff gets plugged in and out a
lot.

--
Steve Barker

"SMF" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there a good opinion about choosing the proper receptacle. When
browsing HD there are receptacles which range from 50 cents up to 6
dollars. There are some in between for around $2.00 which state
commercial contractor quality.

I have replaced my older two prong outlets with the $2.00 ones for
equipment such as table lights, computer, TV ect. I am wondering
however whether these are also ok for other equipment such as
refrigerators or washing machines or should those go on a heavy duty
one?

The majority of my wiring in the house is 20amp.

Thanks,
SF