Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Perma Crete

I have a basement that leaks. I was told Perma Crete would be my
best fix since the house is a farm house from the 50's. Has anyone
used Perma Crete or know anything else that would work? I want to do
it myself and be able to use the space. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have no idea what Perma crete is.

Water problems and solutions are best done on the outside.
1. Direct water, gutters, run off, drainage away from the house.
2. Eliminate planting beds, shrubs, flower boxes, etc from the
building perimeter.
3. Install, maintain, replace perimeter drain below floor line of
basement that drains to daylight or sump - daylight preferred.
Make sure to damp-proof or water proof the basement exterior walls
in this attempt. Damp proofing is usually sufficient with items 1
and 2.

--
DanG

ups.com...