Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reverse action pressure switch, use with oil furnace?

I got the wrong pressure switch and was thinking what it could be used
for (can't seem to find the shipping papers). I had wanted to make our
oil furnace even safer by adding a control that would shut the furnace
down if it ever lost water pressure. I think such controls are available
but realized that the switch I have would probably also work. The
contacts close on pressure rise.

The specs.

Pressure Switch, Water Pump, Reverse Action, Contacts Close On Pressure
Rise, Diaphragm, Pressure Range 4 To 45 PSI, Differential Pressure 6 To
20 PSI

Included paper states that the max. pressure is 300 psi.

Can you think of a reason why such a switch wired in series with the
power to the furnace could not or should not be used?

Thank you for any help.
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Furnaces don't have water pressure. What kind of boiler do you have and what
are you trying to accomplish with this switch?

"andy everett" wrote in message
I got the wrong pressure switch and was thinking what it could be used for
(can't seem to find the shipping papers). I had wanted to make our oil
furnace even safer by adding a control that would shut the furnace down if
it ever lost water pressure. I think such controls are available but
realized that the switch I have would probably also work. The contacts
close on pressure rise.

The specs.

Pressure Switch, Water Pump, Reverse Action, Contacts Close On Pressure
Rise, Diaphragm, Pressure Range 4 To 45 PSI, Differential Pressure 6 To 20
PSI

Included paper states that the max. pressure is 300 psi.

Can you think of a reason why such a switch wired in series with the power
to the furnace could not or should not be used?

Thank you for any help.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

I think this might be what you're looking for:
http://www.taco-hvac.com/en/products...t_category=152