DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Winter Over At Lowes!! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/189103-winter-over-lowes.html)

[email protected] January 14th 07 03:24 PM

Winter Over At Lowes!!

Snowblowers 20% off and space heaters half off!! I guess winter is
over

Tom The Great January 14th 07 04:02 PM

Winter Over At Lowes!!

On 14 Jan 2007 07:24:14 -0800, wrote:

Snowblowers 20% off and space heaters half off!! I guess winter is
over

Better than that scaredy rodent in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania!

:p

tom @
www.MedJobSite.com

dpb January 14th 07 04:22 PM

Winter Over At Lowes!!

John~

wrote:
In article om,
wrote:

Snowblowers 20% off and space heaters half off!! I guess winter is
over

Outside my window right now we have "thunder sleet". Lightning is
flashing, thunder is crashing, and it's sleeting.

That was us last week -- fortunately, we missed the "third shoe
dropping" in three weeks and got only a skiff of snow w/ on flurries
on/off for rest...didn't need any more here and north and west.
Hopefully, those east and south will not have the level of damage
sustained here -- many still w/o power since 12/29 and some may be
another two weeks yet... :(

Frank January 14th 07 07:34 PM

Winter Over At Lowes!!

wrote:
Snowblowers 20% off and space heaters half off!! I guess winter is
over

I knew this would happen when I bought my snow thrower there in
September.
I feel I am responsible for the warm weather in the east and predict a
similar one next year.
When my snow thrower is out of warranty in two years, we will have a
terrible winter ;(
Frank

CJT January 14th 07 09:19 PM

Winter Over At Lowes!!

wrote:

Snowblowers 20% off and space heaters half off!! I guess winter is
over

At ours, the discount on space heaters seemed more than half.

[email protected] January 14th 07 09:48 PM

Winter Over At Lowes!!

I bought mine at Lowes in Oct. Last year in NJ we had snow 1st week in
December. I hope we get one or two big storms!!!

David Starr January 14th 07 10:40 PM

Winter Over At Lowes!!

On 14 Jan 2007 07:24:14 -0800, wrote:

Snowblowers 20% off and space heaters half off!! I guess winter is
over

Winter storm warning for tonight; 1/4" of ice, 1/2" of sleet, 6-8" of snow.
Local stores are filling their display spaces with air conditioners and swim
suits.

Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography

Web Site:
www.destarr.com

dpb January 15th 07 02:26 PM

Winter Over At Lowes!!

zapalac wrote:
Hugh Glass wrote in
:

On 14 Jan 2007 07:24:14 -0800, wrote:

Snowblowers 20% off and space heaters half off!! I guess winter is
over

Here in Denver where we've had over 4 feet of snow in the last several
weeks you can't find a snowblower. A brand new lowes opened up down
the street. They had in stock all kinds of lawnmowers, rototillers,
garden equipment. Not one snowblower.

well, you do live in the mountains.

Actually, Denver itself isn't "in" the mountains. but east at the
base...and consequently, is shielded from a lot of the heaviest snows
on the leeward side. This series of storms (particularly the first
two) have been somewhat unusual in the bulk of the moisture was brought
up from the south and southeast ahead of the cold fronts which then
precipitated the snow/ice events. That southerly flow of warm air
overriding the cold was the cause of so much ice/sleet/freezing rain on
the leading edge...

So much for the meterological discussion...the sun is finally shining
this AM altho it's 9F (and we're a warm spot SW KS)... :)

Everett M. Greene January 15th 07 07:13 PM

Winter Over At Lowes!!

"dpb" writes:
zapalac wrote:
Hugh Glass wrote in
On 14 Jan 2007 07:24:14 -0800, wrote:

Snowblowers 20% off and space heaters half off!! I guess winter is
over

Here in Denver where we've had over 4 feet of snow in the last several
weeks you can't find a snowblower. A brand new lowes opened up down
the street. They had in stock all kinds of lawnmowers, rototillers,
garden equipment. Not one snowblower.

well, you do live in the mountains.

Actually, Denver itself isn't "in" the mountains. but east at the
base...

If you want to get really picky about it, Denver is in
a valley at the base of the mountains. The terrain is
higher to the east and south than it is in Denver. The
hills to the west are somewhat higher.