Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction

Default Retrieving screwdriver from toilet drain pipe?

Yes, I'm a dumbass. This has become quite apparent, so there's no need
to remind me.

Long story short, I dropped a 10" screwdriver tip-first down an open
2nd floor toilet drain pipe, and it is now stuck at the base of a
45-degree bend just under the basement ceiling. I know it couldn't have
gotten any further than this point, due to 2 sharp 90-degree bends that
follow the 45-degree bend. Unfortunately, I can't see it from the drain
opening because I can't look down the pipe due to a slight offset just
past the toilet flange. Do you know of any specialized plumber's snakes
or other tools that could be lowered into the pipe to grab the
screwdriver somehow?