DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Who Do I Contact For Coax (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/187768-who-do-i-contact-coax.html)

[email protected] January 2nd 07 02:07 AM

Who Do I Contact For Coax

Hi I Live in a Apartment and would like to replace all the coax with
newer better coax. I run coax through drop ceilings at work and that
always aggrivates me to the max, so I can imagine how hard it would be
to run through existing walls. Who do I contact to do this job and what
would the estimated cost be? I tried the cale company before and they
wanted to drill through the outside wall and just wrap it around the
building and drill in the wall. BTW I assume the best coax would be RG6
Quad Sheild?

RBM January 2nd 07 02:24 AM

Who Do I Contact For Coax

Electricians, alarm installers, and stereo installers will run coax. Call
some for an estimate

ups.com...

[email protected] January 2nd 07 02:25 AM

Who Do I Contact For Coax

why do you want to replace it? call a electrician, to fish the new coax
thru the building, most likely you will need the building owners
permission in advance in writing

DerbyDad03 January 2nd 07 02:31 AM

Who Do I Contact For Coax

You live in an apartment? Are you the landlord? If not, I suggest the
first person you contact is your landlord. He/She might have something
to say about you hiring someone to modify his/her property.

That said, try just about any electrician, alarm company, home audio
dealer, etc. All of these trades deal with retrofitting houses with
updated wiring on a daily basis. You didn't mention what your
application was, so it would be tough to recommend the "best cable" to
use.

buffalobill January 2nd 07 10:06 AM

Who Do I Contact For Coax

buffalo ny: the owner of the building. or if it is cable company cable
tv, the wire is owned by the cable company; ask them to upgrade it. if
it is already rg6 there may just be a bad splitter or end they will
replace.

Joseph Meehan January 2nd 07 03:14 PM

Who Do I Contact For Coax

wrote:
Hi I Live in a Apartment and would like to replace all the coax with
newer better coax. I run coax through drop ceilings at work and that
always aggrivates me to the max, so I can imagine how hard it would be
to run through existing walls. Who do I contact to do this job and
what would the estimated cost be? I tried the cale company before and
they wanted to drill through the outside wall and just wrap it around
the building and drill in the wall. BTW I assume the best coax would
be RG6 Quad Sheild?

First I agree with the others that there are a few questions not
answered.

I will only add that normally you would pull the new cable with the old
so whatever you do, don't try to help out by removing the old cable.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

[email protected] January 4th 07 11:18 PM

Who Do I Contact For Coax

just go to partsexpress.com and get yourself some decent RG-6... quad
shield isn't really necessary, In my opinion.

Be sure to get plenty extra... if nothing else, you could buy some
RCA-type ends and solder together some really nice interconnects for
your home theater.