Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

John wrote in message ...
I know that the institution of rebates is meant to rip you off so I'm
quite anal about paying attention to the details and ALWAYS sending in
the rebate with delivery confirmation. The delivery confirmation at
least minimizes the "Sorry, we never received your rebate" or "Sorry,

we
didn't receive your rebate in time" excuses.

I read the rebate forms several times looking for the "gotcha's". I

know
I go through way more trouble than I should for $20-$50 but it's the
principle. They make it as annoying as possible to claim a rebate so
that most people won't bother. I'm the one that bothers.

I send in my rebate to Canon along with all the rebate form, purchase
receipt and I cut out the UPC code from the box and put that in the
envelope. My new tactic is to use wide tape and tape the UPC code to
the rebate form.

I checked on my rebate status just now.

Error(s): An original qualifying UPC was not included

Yep. No matter how hard I tried, Canon still managed to screw me over.

Since they want "an original" qualifying UPC", my copy won't suffice.

Canon, the next time I'm in the market for a product I'll remember this
incident.

I guess I must be lucky, because the only one I've never received is the
rebate on paint from Lowe's, and I've turned in a lot of rebates. One
thing for sure, they all say that it must be the original sales receipt,
UPC, etc. If a copy would suffice, everyone would just make copies of
their friends receipts. Dunno why you thought a copy was going to work,
or am I misunderstanding what you posted?

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi Cheri...

If a copy would suffice, everyone would just make copies of
their friends receipts. Dunno why you thought a copy was going to work,
or am I misunderstanding what you posted?

Cheri

I think a copy should suffice...What if the original gets lost in the
mail or vendor claims never recieved? Then said vendor can cliam Sory,
no original reciept...no rebate.

With the amount of people using credit cards these days, I think the
vendor should be able to check your purchase from the credit card
statement, and then place the rebate as credit to account of the card.

Pat

Screwed by Canon Rebate RichA Home Repair 64 February 19th 07 04:19 AM
Rebate - How Long? Sherman Home Repair 20 August 8th 05 12:54 PM
routing a rebate mp UK diy 1 January 29th 05 11:11 AM
routing a rebate mp Woodworking 0 January 28th 05 10:08 PM
rebate, rebate,rebate,rebate Satish Bhardwaj Home Ownership 1 November 8th 04 10:22 PM