Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Success story (rocking toilet)

I've tried a few methods and still came up wanting, till now. My
problem john had a flange that stuck a little too high above the floor
and was less than level as well. Aside from being annoying it ate wax
rings quickly.
My solution; I patterned the base of the toilet, and cut a piece of
smoked plexiglass roughly 1/2" bigger than the base (still a rectangle,
I didn't attempt to contour it precisely), rounded the corners and cut
a 7" hole for the flange in the appropriate spot. It cracked on the one
side of the big hole, but as I was siliconing it down, I didn't let
that bother me.
That 1/8" made all the difference, it is rock solid, and even seems to
work better, and the smoked plexiglass actually looks pretty good,
unusual perhaps, but good.

Rocking toilet question [email protected] Home Repair 11 February 7th 06 01:50 AM
B&Q sponsor success [email protected] UK diy 9 March 16th 05 08:20 PM
Ingenius Success Alvin Home Ownership 0 January 13th 05 02:56 PM
Success! Dave Jackson Woodworking 1 December 20th 04 07:40 AM
A Little Success Artemia Salina Metalworking 2 September 10th 04 03:47 AM