Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Design Software

Hello,

I am looking to add an addition to my house and trying to find a good
Home Design and or Architectural software that allows you to create
house plans. I ahev heard of Home Design Deluxe and will look at this
but ws wondering what others may be using.

Thanks!

JW

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am looking to add an addition to my house and trying to find a good
Home Design and or Architectural software that allows you to create
house plans. I ahev heard of Home Design Deluxe and will look at this
but ws wondering what others may be using.

Thanks!

JW

I've heard good things about Turbocad products: www.turbocad.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am looking to add an addition to my house and trying to find a good
Home Design and or Architectural software that allows you to create
house plans. I ahev heard of Home Design Deluxe and will look at this
but ws wondering what others may be using.

Thanks!

JW

I've heard good things about Turbocad products: www.turbocad.com

Yes, Turbocad is great, but ... besides the expense, beware the steep
learning curve; it's not for the newbie or occasional user.

Pop`

Generic Cadd, if one can still find it, works well; less learning curve;
free. Versionj 6 was the last version.

Pop`

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pop`" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am looking to add an addition to my house and trying to find a good
Home Design and or Architectural software that allows you to create
house plans. I ahev heard of Home Design Deluxe and will look at this
but ws wondering what others may be using.

Thanks!

JW

I've heard good things about Turbocad products: www.turbocad.com

Yes, Turbocad is great, but ... besides the expense, beware the steep
learning curve; it's not for the newbie or occasional user.

Pop`

I mentioned that concept to my son. He said it makes no sense. He's right.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am looking to add an addition to my house and trying to find a good
Home Design and or Architectural software that allows you to create
house plans. I ahev heard of Home Design Deluxe and will look at this
but ws wondering what others may be using.

Thanks!

JW

I've heard good things about Turbocad products: www.turbocad.com

For the specific use of homeowner house plans a dedicated home design
package is probably better than a conventional CAD package, because it will
be tailored to the specifics of a house design -- e.g., window shapes,
exterior finishes, landscaping, utility runs and location, etc.

I tried Turbocad -- couldn't load it because the packaging had an error in
the password, couldn't return it to the retail store (Office Depot won't
allow returns of software that have been opened, for any reason) and
couldn't get any help from their customer service (couldn't even get a
response from e-mails to customer service for assistance). I wouldn't buy
another Turbocad product but YEMV. -- Regards --

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 26 Dec 2006 14:01:58 -0800, "
wrote:

Hello,

I am looking to add an addition to my house and trying to find a good
Home Design and or Architectural software that allows you to create
house plans. I ahev heard of Home Design Deluxe and will look at this
but ws wondering what others may be using.

Thanks!

JW

I've not used it yet nor, any other CAD. It's free 30 days and cost
$39.00.

(screen shot) http://www.homeplanpro.com/

Good Luck

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 26, 2:01 pm, " wrote:
Hello,

I am looking to add an addition to my house and trying to find a good
Home Design and or Architectural software that allows you to create
house plans. I ahev heard of Home Design Deluxe and will look at this
but ws wondering what others may be using.

Thanks!

JW

Google has come out with a free home design program called SketchUp.
I've down
loaded it, but haven't tried it out yet. Can't beat the price! (at
least for the free version!)

http://sketchup.google.com/

JG

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed,

Wow this is great. Thanks very much!!

JW
Ed wrote:
On 26 Dec 2006 14:01:58 -0800, "
wrote:

but ws wondering what others may be using.

JW, I have only used one which was FloorPlan 3D Design Suite and found
it to meet my needs. However, if you will goto
http://home-design-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
you will find a list of the top 10 of these programs and a comparison
between all of them. I think you will find all the information you
need there.

Hope this helps,
Ed

Posted to alt.home.repair

I used Punch 3d http://www.punchsoftware.com/index.htm for my extension
- tried the more professional design programs and they were impossible,
you'd need a years training before doing anything. Also tried sketchup
and it was too 'sketchy' not good enough for getting dimensions etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed wrote:
On 27 Dec 2006 01:28:38 -0800, "djenkins6"
wrote:

you'd need a years training before doing anything.

My only experience was with FloorPlan 3D Design Suite and yes, it also
had a high leaning curve associated with it. I think that if I had
given it up for lent and brought my old drafting equipment out of
storage and sketched my needs out by hand I could have reached the
same results in a fraction of the time it took to learn the program.

Regards,
Ed

Google has (had?) a freebie called SketchIt that was pretty good for the
newbie types and actually did quite well. Even has 3D modelling and a
reasonable learning curve, IMO. Not good for the serious CAD(D) user
though. It used to be he
http://www.google.com/pagead/iclk?sa..._term=sketchup

Pop`

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pop` wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am looking to add an addition to my house and trying to find a good
Home Design and or Architectural software that allows you to create
house plans. I ahev heard of Home Design Deluxe and will look at this
but ws wondering what others may be using.

Thanks!

JW

I've heard good things about Turbocad products: www.turbocad.com

Yes, Turbocad is great, but ... besides the expense, beware the steep
learning curve; it's not for the newbie or occasional user.

Pop`

Generic Cadd, if one can still find it, works well; less learning curve;
free. Versionj 6 was the last version.

Pop`

IMSI's Floorplan 3D is basically an optimized subset of TurboCAD and is
much easier to learn and use, it's also cheap, like $50 or so. It will
do very nice photo realistic renders with lighting sun position based on
location, date and time which is handy as well. What it won't do is full
detail blueprints, but you typically don't need that level of detail for
an addition.

Pete C.