Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sharper image ionic breeze schematic

Does anyone have or know of a source for schematics for the ionic
breeze? I have had 2 die after power outages and a new Quadra where the
power button stopped working. If anyone knows how to bypass the
button, any info would be appreciated. I know basic electricity, can
solder, and am not afraid to take things apart. Thanx

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

ditdot wrote:
Does anyone have or know of a source for schematics for the ionic
breeze? I have had 2 die after power outages and a new Quadra where the
power button stopped working. If anyone knows how to bypass the
button, any info would be appreciated. I know basic electricity, can
solder, and am not afraid to take things apart. Thanx

I would expect schematics for such to be unobtainable but shouldn't
take too much investigation to follow the power line in and out of the
switch. Of course, you'll want then to do a continuity test on the
switch to see if it's really the problem.

If so, I'd suggest putting in a toggle or other switch rather than just
bypassing it, however. Or at least insert a line switch in the cord if
do hardwire the regular one. Be sure whatever you use has adequate
load rating.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to dpb, Mike Tinker Hacker wrote:
I found one of these ionic breeze things on the street with the line cord cut
off. Replacing the cord did not make it work.
Turns out there is a fuse which blown and the switching transister was
shorted due to some kind of electrical disruption.
Not being so electronically smart, I removed the complicated control board,
top of the unit and the power board between the flyback, tossed them and did a
simple wire thing to it snown in ionicAir 1, The red wire was added.
and the incapsulated part between the dust collector / Corona wires base.
Wound seven turn of highly
The ends of the red added wires are connected to the high frequency 24 Khz in
a computer power supply where the
the 5 volts is derived BEFORE it is rectified at the small transformer inside
the AT power supply. A small 12 volt automobile
tail lamp is added to the 5 Volt final DC to give the supply sense to load the
supply sense to make it produce stronger output.
If you seem to be confused by this, You could find a " Hacker Space in your
town where you would find someone who knows
electronics better than you. IonicAir2 Shows the completed adaption and there
is a piece of toilet paper showing the force
of the air that is blown from the unit. As far as the schematic, I am pretty
much in the saqme boat as you. Since the rather
complicated original circuits have been removed and salvaged for parts. The
parts that do remain is a flyback that puts out
AC ( Very bottom transformer ) and the intermediate block that the corona
wires and the dust collector is connected to
contains an encapsulated high voltage multiplier that drives the Ionic Air.
Mike
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/n5
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/n6