Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carpet Section

My son burned a section of our carpet (long story). The section is
pretty small; no larger than 5 in. x 5 in. I do not have any extra
pieces of carpet from when they installed the carpet originally. How
much would it cost to have someone come out and replace a section that
size? Obviously, they would have to somehow find a match to the
color/type of carpet. It is a pretty common carpet (for Southern
California).

Ryan

Posted to alt.home.repair

Even if it is common, they would have a hard time matching the color
because of the wear. You might be able to cut out a small piece of the
carpeting that is hidden, like in a closet, and patch it that way. For
five inches, I would do it yourself. You should be able to get some
double stick tape. Check with a local carpet installer. I am sure they
could advise you.

Merry Christmas
Pat

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm adding your story to my long list of reasons not to have kids.