Posted to alt.home.repair

Default laminate floor?

I just installed a great laminate floor in the kitchen,I am looking for a
small inexpensive vacuum cleaner that has a felt bottom,I am now using a
Swifter ( like a micro fiber type) which works ok,but sometimes just pushes
stuff around,we have a vacuum cleaner,but it has a rotating brush in which I
don't care to use.Something that's light weight,and small,upright,but would
prefer a felt bottom.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Pacc wrote:
I just installed a great laminate floor in the kitchen,I am looking for a
small inexpensive vacuum cleaner that has a felt bottom,

snip
we have a vacuum cleaner,but it has a rotating brush in which I
don't care to use.

snip

Check your vacuum for a carpet/hard floors switch. Many (most?) have a
setting that allows you to turn off the rotating brush for hard floors.

--
Jennifer

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Pacc wrote:
I just installed a great laminate floor in the kitchen,I am looking
for a small inexpensive vacuum cleaner that has a felt bottom,I am
now using a Swifter ( like a micro fiber type) which works ok,but
sometimes just pushes stuff around,we have a vacuum cleaner,but it
has a rotating brush in which I don't care to use.Something that's
light weight,and small,upright,but would prefer a felt bottom.Any
suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks

WalMart is selling a Bissle which is nothing more than a
dust-buster-on-a-stick (although it is wall-power operated, not battery).
It's lighter than an Orek (like 3 pounds).

I bought one last Christmas season (~$20.00) and it works swell for picking
up dust and debris from solid floors.

Laminate floor moisture barrier on 11th floor condo necessary? brendwal Home Repair 9 September 19th 06 07:51 PM
laminate floor andy Woodworking 1 January 14th 06 11:50 PM
What Sub-Floor material to use for Laminate floor ? gubawatts Home Repair 3 April 4th 05 02:17 AM
laminate floor Jones Home Repair 7 October 11th 04 10:28 PM
Laminate floor HD UK diy 0 September 7th 04 02:02 PM