Posted to alt.home.repair

Default korky quietfill

all:
I just installed a korky quietfill. Went in easily enuff, but it kind
of buzzes and sputters after it fills. I don't think any water is
running though it, but then again, if I if I turn off the supply ...
silence.
I tried different water levels, from a few silly mikey mikes from the
overflow tube to way way low, still the same, once it fills , the unit
unit kind of sputters rather noisily.
??
tia

Posted to alt.home.repair

thnx for the reply, appreciate it... problem was not with the korky,
but a leaky toilet flapper valve , the tank never filled. can ya
forgive me korky?
C & E wrote:
"HulloSon" wrote in message
ps.com...
all:
I just installed a korky quietfill. Went in easily enuff, but it kind
of buzzes and sputters after it fills. I don't think any water is
running though it, but then again, if I if I turn off the supply ...
silence.
I tried different water levels, from a few silly mikey mikes from the
overflow tube to way way low, still the same, once it fills , the unit
unit kind of sputters rather noisily.
??
tia

If you are still getting water after the valve is supposed to be closed
isn't it just dumping down the overfill tube? If so, no matter what the
setting, it's defective. Take it back.