Posted to alt.home.repair
Sue Sue is offline

Default Anyone know the maximum file size this newsgroup can receive?

Anyone know the maximum file size this newsgroup can receive? I have a
'post' that requires a photo for clarification and it has not been
displayed - I presume because the file is too large!

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

You can't post pictures. You have to link to them at a photo sharing site
like photobucket

"Sue" wrote in message
news
Anyone know the maximum file size this newsgroup can receive? I have a
'post' that requires a photo for clarification and it has not been
displayed - I presume because the file is too large!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in
:

You can't post pictures. You have to link to them at a photo sharing
site like photobucket

"Sue" wrote in message
news
Anyone know the maximum file size this newsgroup can receive? I have
a 'post' that requires a photo for clarification and it has not been
displayed - I presume because the file is too large!

http://tinypic.com posts to photobucket without any registration of any
kind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 21:41:41 -0600, Al Bundy
wrote:

http://tinypic.com posts to photobucket without any registration of any
kind.

Hey, this is a great idea. If I have to register and all of that, I'm
not going to even bother sending the picture. Too much hassle.
This is great....

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://tinypic.com posts to photobucket without any registration of any
kind.

Hey, this is a great idea. If I have to register and all of that, I'm
not going to even bother sending the picture. Too much hassle.
This is great....

Here is another free site with no reg. http:www imagegenie.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Sue" wrote:
Anyone know the maximum file size this newsgroup can receive? I have a
'post' that requires a photo for clarification and it has not been
displayed - I presume because the file is too large!

It hasn't been displayed because this is a text-only group, and you can't post
pictures here regardless of their size.

There are lots of binary groups where you *can* post pictures, though.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "Sue"
wrote:
Anyone know the maximum file size this newsgroup can receive? I
have a 'post' that requires a photo for clarification and it has not
been displayed - I presume because the file is too large!

It hasn't been displayed because this is a text-only group, and you
can't post
pictures here regardless of their size.

There are lots of binary groups where you *can* post pictures, though.

Use caution: The FBI monitors some binary newsgroups. Or they should.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

HeyBub wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Sue"
wrote:

Anyone know the maximum file size this newsgroup can receive? I
have a 'post' that requires a photo for clarification and it has not
been displayed - I presume because the file is too large!

It hasn't been displayed because this is a text-only group, and you
can't post
pictures here regardless of their size.

There are lots of binary groups where you *can* post pictures, though.

Use caution: The FBI monitors some binary newsgroups. Or they should.

I don't think that only applies to binary groups.