Posted to alt.home.repair

Default quick drain question

Hi everyone,

Quick question...

When replacing a kitchen sink, going from over mount to under mount,
should I use the same drain basket from the original sink, or is it
better to start over?

Thanks
Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair

For the price of drain baskets, (bought one the other day, as our got
tossed in the garbage) $3.50, I'd get a new one, for appearance's sake,
if nothing else. Also, after time, the rubber seal gets hard, and they
don't seal up well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rich wrote:
Hi everyone,

Quick question...

When replacing a kitchen sink, going from over mount to under mount,
should I use the same drain basket from the original sink, or is it
better to start over?

In the fairly likely event that you install a garbage disposal, saving
the old drain basket will be completely unnecessary.

In any event, chalk up another "throw it away" vote.