Posted to alt.home.repair

Default oil burner problem

maybe someone can help me with this one, my oil burner keeps mis firing, it
runs then skips for a second or so and then goes again as if it wasn't
getting fuel or spark....... it has gotten pretty bad not sure where to
start looking?

any advice?

thanks
sr

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Could be any number of things, but a dirty filter, clogged nozzle or sludge
in the tank are possibilities

"steve" wrote in message
ink.net...
maybe someone can help me with this one, my oil burner keeps mis firing,
it runs then skips for a second or so and then goes again as if it wasn't
getting fuel or spark....... it has gotten pretty bad not sure where to
start looking?

any advice?

thanks
sr

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/1...roubleshooting

Posted to alt.home.repair

steve wrote:
maybe someone can help me with this one, my oil burner keeps mis firing, it
runs then skips for a second or so and then goes again as if it wasn't
getting fuel or spark....... it has gotten pretty bad not sure where to
start looking?

any advice?

thanks
sr

Does this happen the whole time it is running or at the beginning? When
is the last time you had filter, strainer and nozzle changed? Does it
make an explosion sound when it is doing this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve, I had a similar problem. I fixed it by adjusting the electrodes on
the igniter.

Tim Mulvey

ink.net...

Oil burner problem Digsy UK diy 11 May 12th 18 04:05 PM
Beckett Oil Burner Problem Dave Home Repair 6 November 11th 06 02:23 PM
Intermitten Oil Burner Problem PLEASE HELP! homeguy Home Repair 3 June 1st 06 01:26 PM
Oil smell from burner andre Home Repair 7 February 18th 06 10:49 PM
Noisy Oil Burner Manta Home Repair 2 November 6th 05 01:46 PM